Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banana: Yay! I finally got an armrest! Also picked up some splashguards from Greg V. at Mossy. Everything fits great and got shipped to me fast!!!

Can you believe that is a B&M shifter!?! It's still super tall...

·
Bow down BiAtch >;o)
1,356 Posts
:eek: I want an armrest so I can cover up that good for nothing hole LOL
you have very clean interior by the way :D

·
NF's Offical Post Whore
1,972 Posts
that armrest does not cover up a good for nothing hole. if it covered the cup holders then it would, but I use that hole to hold my cups since the stock cupholder sucks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I stick a small plastic bag in it and use it for a garbage can, heh, as much as I wish I had the armrest I'm not sure how often I'd personally use it but it would be very nice on my road trips.

G

·
The hole is really good for holding cd's. Perfect size. And my interior is a brown tan color which i totally hate and it wouldnt match the black or grey.

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
I think the hole is important. It holds a little keychain lightsaber, my stereo remote, my head unit case, change, and garbage. I will however, get this armrest, it is really needed.

How much did you pay by the way? And is that Lucino grill worth the 140 bucks?

·
Registered
393 Posts
yes, because who would drive w/ two hands on their steering wheel???

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wow, that's one clean 200's interior!!

I use the hole for drinks as well... it's a perfect fit for a fast food Large size drink. "Super Size" will fit but needs a little crushing at the bottom which tends to cause it to 'pop it's top' when you try to pull it out while driving... be careful, it's not nice to spill a Super Size Coke on your dress paints (not to mention all over the car)while your on your way to work. Don't ask how I know this... or how many times I've been forced to learn this lesson. ;)

FYI, the arm rest is OEM Nissan. I purchased mine when I bought my car back in '96. You should be able to order one from your local Nissan dealer's parts dept. At the time I also purchased the sunroof deflector, mud flaps, and car cover. There's also other OEM accessories like the bra and in dash CD player. Your local Nissan dealer should be able to provide you with a full listing.

I like the mud flaps and the arm rest. I'd pick a different car cover and skip the wind deflector if I had to do it over again.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mud flaps

Do you have images of the mud flaps? Are they easy to install? And how much did they cost? The Nissan dealer I asked at wanted around $80 for a set if I remember right... I kind of want them, but I don't know what they look like...

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Mike Young has blessed this thread! Yay. Yeah, Im gonna go to my Nissan Dealership tomorrow and pick up some if they have them.

(When I got the car, I was like, "WTF, no armrest!" and then I kinda got used to not having one, and I use the passenger seat as a sort of arm rest)

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Psch91 said:
Mike Young has blessed this thread! Yay. Yeah, Im gonna go to my Nissan Dealership tomorrow and pick up some if they have them.
whoaaa my opinion shouldn't carry any more weight than anyone elses... just another guy addicted to modifing my car...

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Do you just like "plug" it into the whole thats there, that little compartment? How does it go in? And does it shake cause its not secured? Can you explain?

And how much should I be paying for new carpet mats, I need some new ones, mine are all dirty.

·
Registered
393 Posts
unless youre looking for genuine nissan, you can go into any store pretty much and pick some up for not too much

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Yeah, I kinda liked that little cavity there too and used to put CDs in it. A couple months ago I sold all the stereo equipment from my old car and got a head unit that plays MP3s so I no longer keep extra CDs with me.

The splashguards were very easy to install since the front pair are mounted through exsting holes and the rears only require the drilling of four additional holes, two of which are already marked by small dimples. The front wheels can be turned left and right to clear the work area for installation while the rear tires will need to be removed(total work time: ~15 mintutes.) When you order them, make sure you specify your trim level since front SE-R splashguards are specifically molded to fit around the side skirts. One last point of interest is that the splashguards are flexible and will require special paint or a mixture since ordinary paint will crack and flake off (as I was told by Greg at Mossy.) Here are pictures of the splashguards from 3 angles for anyone interested; fortunately my car is black so paint is not an issue.

The armrest does just "plug" right into the cavity but it is held securely by a simple wire system that keeps it in place, but also allows it to lift out easily to make way for big 32 oz. drinks. Sorry, I just got back a little while ago and don't have any pictures of the armrest.

Equivocal: Yes, it's black and the shift boot is just the OEM boot with a little a little Armorall. ;)

I never considered splashguards until about a month ago. Anyone from Houston knows that it only takes a few inches of extrta rain for it to flood. The last flood left the downtown streets covered in mud; the next day I drove through a patch of mud, made a right turn, parked and got out to discover the entire driver side of the car from the A-pillar back covered in mud(yes, most of the driver side window was covered too.) Not only that, but construction debris that was getting kicked up all the time was starting to leave little knicks in the paint just behind the front tires. The total for everything was about $115 shipped, but I think that is a reasonable cost considering the condition of the streets here.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts