Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know some good products to use on the dash and wheels of your car?

I have been told that the silicates in Armorall are bad for interior as it takes moisture out of the dash and or parts. Does the same hold true for tires, as I am assuming it would.

Just wondering, b/c now i have a full bottle of Armorall that I cant use. Any other suggestions for the dash, and/or seats. Got a car with leather seats, which I am majorly not familar.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

Oh yea, brand new bottle of Armorall for sale ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Zymol is good stuff

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
I slather Amrour All by the gallon on my interior, with no resulting problems. I don't bother with the tires.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
I would never put anything Armor All makes on my car. I've heard way too many stories of it drying out and cracking the dashboard. I'm a fan of Meguiars products myself.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I used the Armorall interior wipes and it left white cloth shit all over my entire car, had to go back with one of those Swiffer sweepers to pick up all the ripped up cloth.

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
samo said:
I would never put anything Armor All makes on my car. I've heard way too many stories of it drying out and cracking the dashboard. I'm a fan of Meguiars products myself.
Meguiars OWNZ :D I use their stuff, its not too oily, and I have not had any ill effects with it. Just be careful with that bottle of Armor-All, and don't get it on your tread, and drive in the rain :D hehehehe.

·
Registered
249 Posts
SentraDragon said:
I used the Armorall interior wipes and it left white cloth shit all over my entire car, had to go back with one of those Swiffer sweepers to pick up all the ripped up cloth.
it's not without that residue- new and improved

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
I think soap and water works great on my dash. Just wipe up the dust, and it looks brand friggin new again with no oily residue for dirt and dust to cling to. Its cheap, easy, and of course, environment friendly!

... If you guys need me, i'll be huggin some trees.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Armour All tends to turn rubber a brownish color... also drys out... kinda of an old school product. There are much better products to use, such as Meguiars interior cleaner and protector. It doesn't have that nasty greasy feeling that attracts dust like a magnet.

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Hey,
I just started using the armor all wipes (cuz i can keep the bottle in my trunk). No white fuzz, and the shine is great. It actually changed the color of my steering wheel from grey to black. (The original color). no complaints here. (except that you can't drive the car for 24 hours sinc everything has that tacky feel)

Seth

·
Registered
638 Posts
Vinylex by Lexol works great on your dash,moldings and tires. It's a water based cleaner/protectant that leaves a nice satin finish on the surface, not a greasy shiny mess like others leave behind. Good stuff, pepboys sells it for about 9 bucks...

·
Registered
43 Posts
sentrapower93 said:
Vinylex by Lexol works great on your dash,moldings and tires. It's a water based cleaner/protectant that leaves a nice satin finish on the surface, not a greasy shiny mess like others leave behind. Good stuff, pepboys sells it for about 9 bucks...
ya vinylex is good stuff but is expensive

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Armor All sucks! Why?

If that crap gets loose in an autobody shop, every paint job they do for months will be ruined. If that stuff hits a panel that is prepped or not, it causes blisters. That crap got loose in my high-school auto body shop once and screw a lot of jobs. For some reason you cant get rid of it once it hits a panel. I talking tiny airborne traces here.

The tach in my 99 is 3M tapped in the "pocket" at the lower RH of my cluster. Guess what... I made the mistake of AA'ing my dash once before the install and the tach never stays there for very long. I am constantly retapping the thing. I have tried everything to get rid of the residue left on the dash and nothing seems to work.

BTW got any idea about that ^^

1 - 20 of 25 Posts