Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listmates--

I am new here, so I apologize if this has been discussed before.

I am on the market for an Armada. In doing research, I've become very concerned over the multitude of complaints from past Armada buyers on brakes and a "cheap" interior which rattles, scratches and fades excessively. Everything else on the vehicle appears to be great, but MOST buyers say these problems are so annoying they would not buy the vehicle again.

Can anyone give me the skinny on these issues and whether the problems have been addressed and resolved by Nissan in the 2005 models?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

·
woo-hoo
391 Posts
you should be pretty safe on buying an 05 as most of the quality bugs have been fixed. I wouldn't necessarily say the interior is cheap but the 04's had alot of little rattles from bad fits and such. Not sure if the brake complaints have been addressed but warped rotors seem to be a common problem on many large SUV's (I've heard from suburban, expedition, and tahoe owners who have all dealt with prematurely warped rotors) Alot of that depends on how you drive the car... lot's of heavy braking in a hot climate will warp any rotor. You also have remember you are more likely to hear complaints than praise on everything. When something works, people don't talk, but if it doesn't work they tell everyone they can.

Your choices are limited in the large SUV category and Tahoe/Yukon Twins are fairly dated and have numerous problems of their own, and Expeditions are the same way. At least the GM twins seem to get the best gas mileage in their class. Sequoias are just friggin expensive. My mom almost bought an Armada this past summer until we discovered it was too tall to go in the garage (it's a small one) so she ended up going with the Durango. The Durango hasn't had a single problem in 14,000 miles (not even a rattle) and is smooth but it consumes fuel like Homer Simpson at a buffet. Just go drive em and see which one you like best! Each will have it's own bugs down the road but the Nissan will probably have the best overall reliabilty based on their reputation.

Later,

·
Yea, I'm a freak..
560 Posts
The brake problem has a temp. fix and from what I hear, Nissan will be recalling all Titan's and Armada's around April of 05 to fix the problem. The scratches are thought to be during the build process (workers wearing jewelry) and should be resolved. There are a few rattles but nothing that I'm aware of that would make me want to get rid of my Titan.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My wife wanted the Sequoia, so I caved and bought the thing for her. Rides really nice for a SUV of that size. MPG is pretty good also. Cruising at around 95 to 100 not a problem on the highway. Only thing I found that I didnt like is reception in the radio is poor but other than that it is a nice vehicle. Sometimes a little quality comes with a price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
changetires said:
My wife wanted the Sequoia, so I caved and bought the thing for her. Rides really nice for a SUV of that size. MPG is pretty good also. Cruising at around 95 to 100 not a problem on the highway. Only thing I found that I didnt like is reception in the radio is poor but other than that it is a nice vehicle. Sometimes a little quality comes with a price.
I had a choice between the armada and the sequioa and went with the armada. The sequioa just seemed to plain to me and for the price it didn't have all the bells for the price. It's just depends on what you are interested in purchasing, just do your homework and test drive them until you are happy.
I wouldn't trade my Armada for another truck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Armada - Not Nissan quality

I bought an 04 Armada LE 4x4 after owning 3 pathfinders with the last being an 01 LE 4x4 and I have to tell you that Nissan should be ashamed of themselves for putting this truck on the market before working out the bugs. As for Black Knights comments regarding 05 being better, don't count on it. Everyone i have talked to with an 05 is having the same problems as the 04's. Ther are hundreds of owners demanding refunds based on the Lemon Law. I was considering the 05 Pathfinder before I bought the Armada and i'm not sure it will end up being much better based on it being a new model and built in the US. I plan to look at trading the Armada in on a Sequoia.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got an 05 and to this point I am a happy camper. I considered the Toyota but it doesn't have the power that the Nissan has. This is my first Nissan. I've had Chevy's mainly to this point but have had a Toyota PU ('88 4X4) and really liked it. If you want to talk about rattles and stuff not working, let's talk about my '99 BMW 328i. It kicks ass but it also has a lot of "character"..................

·
Registered
1 Posts
Problems with My SEXY Beast!!!!!

:newbie: I just bought my 2006 Armada :). And I love it, love it!!!!!!!!
Only thing is I did have a problem with my passenger seat squeaking, they replaced it. One of my overhead compartments starting rattling, and we found out it was missing the plastic nubs to keep it from rattling. So they had to "order" the plastic nubs. And just this week I took the "SEXY BEAST" to the service dept. I noticed that when I downshift into gear its an abrupt downshift, was told just to keep driving "maybe" it would resolve itself. What do you guys think?? And if I ignore this problem will this cause any transmission problems in the future??? Its a Loud popping sounding when it gets into gear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just logged on to this site because of ALL the problems I've had with my '04 Armada. Your statement sums it up beautifully "Nissan should be ashamed of themselves for putting this truck on the market before working out all the bugs". My dealer has been great in trying to resolve the problems, but after seeing me for the 12th time in 2 1/2 year, the service manager finally said that the noises WEREN'T going to all go away and that I'd just have to live with them. I have the SE with DVD and NAV. The overhead console has been so annoying that I with they could just rip it out!!! I have never been so disappointed with a vehicle in my entire life...and at 49 I've had plenty of cars/trucks. I'm at my wits end with this crap and finally decided that I'd have to listen to the radio cranked up so I won't be annoyed with the overhead rattles. Other than the rattles, I like the truck, but the noises are enough to drive any sane person over the edge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.