Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I almost bought a QX56 but the only thing that I really wanted on it versus the Armada LE with the Technology Package was the HID's. Given the $9K price differential I could not justify this.

Having said that, has anyone ever done a QX56 HID swap to the Armada? I know that the external housing is different but the ballasts etc. should fit. Anyone???

TIA!

·
Yea, I'm a freak..
560 Posts
I'm not aware of anyone using the QX56 HID's in the Armada's headlight housings but a few people have installed aftermarket HID's. I would think that the bulb mounts would have to be modified for the HID's to work. I also believe that the lenses for HID's are different then normal lenses for light reflection - if that makes sense.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Slurppie said:
I'm not aware of anyone using the QX56 HID's in the Armada's headlight housings but a few people have installed aftermarket HID's. I would think that the bulb mounts would have to be modified for the HID's to work. I also believe that the lenses for HID's are different then normal lenses for light reflection - if that makes sense.
Do you know who makes the aftermarket kits?

·
Registered
90 Posts
email HIDretro.com, they might be able to do a complete HID conversion, with projectors(most important part of HID lighting), and ballast, and bulbs, and whatever else you may need to convert your current lighting system into HID

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
potsdamcartel said:
email HIDretro.com, they might be able to do a complete HID conversion, with projectors(most important part of HID lighting), and ballast, and bulbs, and whatever else you may need to convert your current lighting system into HID

Thanks guys...I am checking with both of them. I will add my findings here for future reference.

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts