Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crazy:

I've had to have my front brakes/rotors replaced 3 times in 9 months. I'm now looking at my fourth replacment in a year, and am invoking my rights under the lemon law. Has anyone else gone through this process? What was your experience?

My dealer advised me to invoke my rights since there's not much else they can do. They also mentioned that they have replaced 3 Armada's this month under the lemon law for front brake problems.

I'm looking forward to your feedback and comments.

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
I know its a pain but are there any other problems wity your armada? If not i would try to hang in there as im pretty sure the rumored fix for april of 05 is really on the way.
From what i understand nissan has new larger redesigned rotors, calipers and pads for these beast but are just preparing for all the repairs there gona have to do. One guy on titan talk says he went into the sales managers office and demanaded an explanantion and they supposedly showed him a sheet with all the parts and new part numbers on it but it was very brief.
Until they release the fix around april they will continue to bandaid the problem as parts are not avalible yet but there working on getting them in stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
abmobil said:
I know its a pain but are there any other problems wity your armada? If not i would try to hang in there as im pretty sure the rumored fix for april of 05 is really on the way.
From what i understand nissan has new larger redesigned rotors, calipers and pads for these beast but are just preparing for all the repairs there gona have to do. One guy on titan talk says he went into the sales managers office and demanaded an explanantion and they supposedly showed him a sheet with all the parts and new part numbers on it but it was very brief.
Until they release the fix around april they will continue to bandaid the problem as parts are not avalible yet but there working on getting them in stock.
You have got to be kidding me. My service record, which I just obtained for my lemon law papaerwork, is over 10 pages long. I've had the DVD system replaced twice, the NAV system replaced, the overhead console broke and fell on my head, shall I continue?

I spoke to the sales and service manager and they are aware of the rumor you mention above, and they confirm that it is only a rumor. They are advising all of their customers with these issues to invoke the lemon law rights and have Nissan repurchase the vehicle. I'm not holding my breathing and betting on something that *may* happen in the future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Undersized rotors

Unhappy_Customer said:
You have got to be kidding me. My service record, which I just obtained for my lemon law papaerwork, is over 10 pages long. I've had the DVD system replaced twice, the NAV system replaced, the overhead console broke and fell on my head, shall I continue?

I spoke to the sales and service manager and they are aware of the rumor you mention above, and they confirm that it is only a rumor. They are advising all of their customers with these issues to invoke the lemon law rights and have Nissan repurchase the vehicle. I'm not holding my breathing and betting on something that *may* happen in the future.
I have 13k miles and ready for second brake job. Not happy. Hopefully they will come up with a fix. I just got rid of my Durango that needed rotors every 10k. I thought I was getting away from the pain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SpanishShip said:
I have 13k miles and ready for second brake job. Not happy. Hopefully they will come up with a fix. I just got rid of my Durango that needed rotors every 10k. I thought I was getting away from the pain.
I just got off the line with Nissan Consumer Affairs (after waiting three weeks for a return phone call) and was advised that Nissan engineers are working on a fix, but there is no ETA when the fix might be made available. In the meantime all dealers are instructed as per a service bulletin to inspect the vehicle, replace the pads, turn or replace the rotors if necessary, and add or replace a torque member each time the problem is reported.

You can call 1-800-955-5100 to expedite your lemon law claim with Nissan.

This is my fifth Nissan vehicle in the past 10 years and my last.
 

·
Master Shake
Joined
·
641 Posts
That's why ideally it's nice to wait for the second or third year of a vehicle production run before buying one... If your dealership is suggesting the buy-back, that's saying something unfortunately. How does a buy-back work? Do you get a full refund, or something pro-rated for the miles you've used?

Heath
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
armada problems

Unhappy_Customer said:
:crazy:

I've had to have my front brakes/rotors replaced 3 times in 9 months. I'm now looking at my fourth replacment in a year, and am invoking my rights under the lemon law. Has anyone else gone through this process? What was your experience?

My dealer advised me to invoke my rights since there's not much else they can do. They also mentioned that they have replaced 3 Armada's this month under the lemon law for front brake problems.

I'm looking forward to your feedback and comments.

Thanks!
You might check the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) site for feedback from the general public on issues dealing with vehicle problems. I check this site every time I'm in the market for a new or used vehicle to see what I can expect as far as reliability and safey is concerned. They list all the recalls and service bulletins. URL is nhtsa.dot.gov
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top