Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an Armada LE without the DVD system thinking one could be easily added - we'll after being told at the Best Buy, in order to install an overhead unit, the entire middle console section, including lights and AC vents would no longer work. I've been searching the web and cannot find much data at all.

My hope was I could buy the 7' monitor and get it mounted up where the overhead unit appears to be ready to go (minus the monitor) ?

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated - especially by my 6 & 2 year old kids.

·
Yea, I'm a freak..
560 Posts
Rodmada said:
I just bought an Armada LE without the DVD system thinking one could be easily added - we'll after being told at the Best Buy, in order to install an overhead unit, the entire middle console section, including lights and AC vents would no longer work. I've been searching the web and cannot find much data at all.

My hope was I could buy the 7' monitor and get it mounted up where the overhead unit appears to be ready to go (minus the monitor) ?

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated - especially by my 6 & 2 year old kids.
First off, don't go back to that Best Buy for your mobile audio/video needs. There are tons of DVD systems on the market that can be custom mounted without having to disable the overhead console. I would look for car audio shops in your area and ask for their opinion. Also if you have a Sams Warehouse near you, drop in and look at what they have to offer. In passing I've seen some decently priced systems.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
ItsBeer30 said:
He saved about $500
I was just wondering. After installation of the after market DVD was is worth the difference? At least with the dealer, you know it was installed correctly and if you have problems it will be cover under warrenty.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i think that's crazy who will like that... do they have any explanation for this.

Rodmada said:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts