- so the details: Yesterday i did a mild tune up on my 06 Xtrail. Things i have done often with no issues after the fact.
- I removed two spark plugs to check their condition. Reinstalled and seated/snugged up the threads.
- I sprayed my mass airflow sensor with the correct cleaner, let it dry for 30 minutes, reinstall.
- I sprayed and wiped inside the throttle body with the proper throttle cleaner spray.
- I removed my air cleaner filter box , blew/vacuumed inside it, reinstalled the ar filter.
- I removed my PVC valve. Checked to make sure not clogged. ( i replaced it with a new one only 3 years ago) . Reinstalled it.
- I made sure every hose i touched, every bolt i removed, etc, was reinstalled. I only just checked my engine oil level ( clean/good ), checked my tranny fluid condition ( clean/plenty). I had put in a 500 ml bottle of
...was almost $14 cnd at the Walmart. I admit, i put the entire bottle of fluid in a 1/4 tank. But i have done this with 1/4, 1/2 tanks and never ever any issues. Anyways, after my simple tuneup, i went to start the car and it started up great, no problem. I shut it off, restarted it, revved it 30 seconds, let it idle. Shut it off, turned it on...let idle...shut it off. The engine purred.
- This morning i decide to go start my truck and drive to get a lotto ticket plus $15 of mid grade gasoline. ....White/blue smoke from the tailpipe.
- I figure maybe it's the fuel injector cleaner, i drive it for 5 minutes. No change, warmer the engine, the more smoke. People in traffic behind me where trying to avoid my big clouds of smoke. I went to the gas station ( a ten minute drive) and go to put in $15 of mid grade. Start the truck, sae smoke. Drove for 20 minutes to see if smoke dissipates. Same crappy smoke. Especially when i step on the throttle.
- I parked by a high school near my house and let the truck idle. During idling, i really do not notice any smoke. ( BY the way..i picked the school side street as there were no kids around, raining/windy out....the smoke got blown out into the empty school field so nobody got bothered by it.) With my engine running, i pop open my hood. Engine sounds normal, no smoke or funny smells from my motor. I pull out the dipsticks to the oil and transmission and everything looked normal. Close the hood, get into my truck, rev it a little...white/blueish smoke. I can even smell a slight metal ''aftertaste'' odor in that smoke. And it was just billowing out. Oh...should mention...first 10 minutes of driving, i can feel a lack of acceleration from 50 klm per hour and up. After 20-25 minutes of driving, the pickup felt a bit better, but i would not trust it on the freeway to merge/accelerate.
- Finally, there are no dash lights lit up. -
Or did i do something stupid , something i overlooked?? Too rainy wet outside to go tinker under my hood....i go start it up and take for a drive about 8pm ...long after rush hour is over so i don't piss off other drivers in traffic with the smoke or attract the attention of the police. >>>$$$$ ticket.