Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey are the GReddy PRofec e-01 Boost Controller worth the dosh?

how do they stack up against the avcr and the profec b's etc?

:cheers:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,785 Posts
Like I said before , the original Profec-B is the best one you can get. Can hold boost rock solid up to 25 psi, easy install, bulletproof reliability. I wouldn't really even consider anything else.......
 

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
Joined
·
8,328 Posts
I think the profec E-01 is a great unit....as long as you know how to use it.
 

·
Power FC Z32
Joined
·
2,147 Posts
spankytheking said:
hey are the GReddy PRofec e-01 Boost Controller worth the dosh?

how do they stack up against the avcr and the profec b's etc?

:cheers:
Out of the 3 BC's the AVC-r can tweak the most and why I like it!
 

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
Joined
·
8,328 Posts
Spongerider said:
Out of the 3 BC's the AVC-r can tweak the most and why I like it!

I'll agree with that. I think the AVC-R is one of the best on the market simply due to all the features and abilities.

One MUST know what he's doing when tuning the AVC-R or he will not be able to use it to it's fullest potential.
 

·
Power FC Z32
Joined
·
2,147 Posts
♣Zen31ZR♣ said:
That's one mans opinion..... ;)
The avc-r does all of the function like the other BC's but if you want to get more hard core you can use the gear leaning function (You can controll the amount of boost per gear, a traction control) also you can change boost spool up response per rpms as well as boost spikes then you make passes on the freeway. A example would be boost set at .9 kg/cm2 and at 3K rpms you make boost at1.0 kg/cm2 and back down to .9 kg/cm2 at 34K. This makes passing a car easy on the freeway! :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,785 Posts
Spongerider said:
The avc-r does all of the function like the other BC's but if you want to get more hard core you can use the gear leaning function (You can controll the amount of boost per gear, a traction control) also you can change boost spool up response per rpms as well as boost spikes then you make passes on the freeway. A example would be boost set at .9 kg/cm2 and at 3K rpms you make boost at1.0 kg/cm2 and back down to .9 kg/cm2 at 34K. This makes passing a car easy on the freeway! :)
Yeah, I hear ya, I'm just messing with you. ;) I kinda like the simplicity of the original Profec-B myself, but I'm not hard to please when it comes to boost controllers. Probably also more useful on OBD-2 than on OBD-1, anyway....... And anything that needs to be professionally tuned to get the most out of kinda gets shoved to the bottom of my list of mods anyway. Maybe if I was at a point where I needed more power and dyno tuned stuff was a necessity, but I'm nowhere near there right now. Not for a long time, either.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top