Nissan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
200SX SE-R
241 Posts
I would suggest looking at Eibach Sportline springs. I have them on my car and they are awesome! It is a 2 in drop and it looks really nice. I also have KYB AGX shocks. For both of those, I paid something like $700. Overall for the ride it is not a bad price. I was told to stay away from the Tein springs because it drops the front too much and you scrape almost everywhere. Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah but these tein springs say it only drops 1.5 inches... and i actually wanted more... haha going from a truck that lays body to my car makes me seem like im up so high...

is there anything cheaper? 700 is pretty steep for me right now being a Penn State student and all

·
200SX SE-R
241 Posts
there are cheaper eibach springs, the pro kit. and tokico shocks are cheaper. both are going to be 400-500 probably. you can go on thieir websites and find prices.

·
200SX SE-R
241 Posts
for the money, the tein s tech springs are pretty much the best to get. Taht is what i would go with. Tein h tech springs $320 (front: -2 in, back: -.6 in). Tein s tech springs $320 (front: -2.4 in, back: -1.1 in). I got this information from tein.com. Hope this helps in your decision. To me, either would be a good choice.

·
200SX SE-R
241 Posts
Sounds like a good price, go for it!! Your can will look swet when it is done!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i agree. im waiting on my paycheck to get them. so the next thing i want to do is exhaust, where should i look to get exhaust? i dont want a cheap junky one.

·
Registered
156 Posts
make sure to not to use factory style struts. i put the sportline springs on with some gabriel struts from autozone. i took one corner and hit one bump and broke the bolts that hold the tranny to the tranny mount right off in the tranny. really sucky

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
from what i hear, cheap adjustable springs from ebay will do the same thing tein springs will: put me on the bumpstops.

·
200SX SE-R
241 Posts
what are you looking for in the exhaust, just from the manifold back or replace that too??

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey i have some eibach sportlines on some kyb agx adjustable shocks for sale. i upgraded to megan racing coilovers.

looking for $400 thats a steal for the set

give me an offer

·
Registered
93 Posts
ya im running the megan lowing springs and kyb struts. they work great. if your thinking of going with they cheap springs from ebay, DONT trust me cause the kid who had my car before me used those and when i got it i spent about 850$ in new axles struts and tires cause those cheap springs move around on the strut and just mess everything up.. the set up you should go with are megan lowring springs and kyb struts front and rear it will cost you about 400$ all the way around.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Are you go just for looks? or performance? If it's just for looks than any of the above will work fine. If you want performance than get the Ground Control coil over set and DO NOT lower the car more than 1.5" (o and get some good adjustable struts: the KYB AGX are what i'm running) My total set up was just about $900 with only 1" drop, but improved the handling a great deal!!!

As for the exhaust, it depends on if its for sound or performance. For sound, go with a 2.25" catback with a small resonator and a good name brand muffler, should run about $200 at the local exhaust shop. For performance, 2" manderal bent tubing, with a small 2" perforated core resonator, then a strait threw perforated core muffler. (I have a 2" catback with a thrush 22" resonator and a magnaflow XXL muffler ran me about $300 at local exhaust shop)

·
Registered
86 Posts
actually they are really good but they are really soft, i would recamend getting tokico hp struts and shocks they are basically designed for those springs and they dont run a whole lot of money....i sould recamend buying the tein ss dampers but thats like $1200, also theres a brand called k-sport that makes dampers for the b14 chassis but they are reeeeallly expencive...like $2500 for their "Drift" setup (you cant drift a fwd, so im kinda iffy about that whole thing):confused:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts