Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the deal,

I plan on getting the big Fast Brakes kit for my car in the future, my problem is that my car is driven year round. That means for half the year driving on my 16" K1's and Kumhos would be crazy. I am going to need some steelies that will fit over the big brakes, any ideas? Oh yea, the rears are going to be upgraded to a big kit as well.

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Hey,
I don't know the diameter size of your new brakes, but since the AD22VF's don't fit under stock steelies, you can't go there. It all depends on what size tire you want. I assume 15" is where you want to stay (although I have 14" NX2000 wheels which the AD22VF's obviously fit under). So since there aren't really 15" steelies out there, you can just go to a junk yard and get the factory 15". However if you feel that those are ugly, just go to discounttiredirect and get an inexpensive set of rims. Nothing fancy. They do sell 15" steelies, although I don't know if the brakes will fit behind those. Steelies are shaped like { whereas other rims are shaped like [. Tirerack has these in 14" for $70 a rim:

but that may be to small a diameter and too high a price. (I know you see 5 holes, but they come 4x100) You could always keep your regular rims now, and just pay to swap tires every now and then.

Seth

·
Registered
30 Posts
PatScottAKA99XE said:
Here is the deal,

I plan on getting the big Fast Brakes kit for my car in the future, my problem is that my car is driven year round. That means for half the year driving on my 16" K1's and Kumhos would be crazy. I am going to need some steelies that will fit over the big brakes, any ideas? Oh yea, the rears are going to be upgraded to a big kit as well.
I think that you would need a 15" rim with at least a +38mm offset to clear the Wilwood calipers in the Fastbrakes 11" kit. I have a set of Volk Racing TE-37s 15x6.5" w/ a +39mm offset and they didn't clear the wilwood calipers. I had to get a 3mm Spacer which made my offset on my front set of rims to +36mm. Now they clear fine. Just an FYI. Hope you don't encounter the same problems! :)

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Wheel spacers

I have their 11" kit as well, and my 15" SE-R wheels (40mm offset)did not clear the Wilwood caliper. I used a 5mm spacer and still not working. I think the way to make it fit, you will need a spacer bigger than 10mm like the one H&R makes. I have 17" wheels right now, but I gotta solve this problem before winter comes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts