Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing new motor mounts in my car anyway, and I was wondering if I could use the Urethane mount inserts from energy suspension and still be legal in stock class. I know that you can't use urethane bushings in the suspension, but I haven't heard about the motor mounts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
No, you can't use ES mounts in Stock or in STS (which stinks). It is ridiculous to me that a $30 set of mounts, move you all the way to Street Prepared, but there's not much we can do about it. :( I bought the mounts, too, and could probably put them in without anyone ever knowing the difference (and a lot of people do), but I don't wanna cheat. In STS most people don't even care if you do run them.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will the motor mount bushings make noise like urethane bushings in the suspension? Are the ES transmission bushings legal in stock class?

·
Registered
35 Posts
The bushings will cause more vibration in the drivetrain, but I don't think they squeak. The transmission mount is considered the same as the motor mounts, I think, but not the shifter bushing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts