Nissan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a set of blues w/springs for $385 (US). I was wondering if anyone had used them and how they were. I cannot find a spring rate and they say only 1'' lower but I was hoping it was a little lower. Any help would be appreciated because I don't know what spring/strut set up to use. I had horrible luck with the AGX and Sportlines on my B14 and I have put off lowering as long as I can.

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
I'm thinking about using them too, I only want to lower the car a little bit and the price is hard to beat.

Tokico says that the dampners and springs are matched for zero guesswork. Tokico makes good stuff, so I would assume these would be good too, but I don't know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
bII said:
The kit comes with blues, the illumnas are stiffer and adjustable, the blues are not. But Charles (of Nissanperformancemag project SR20DET powered B12) used blues on eibach pros, so who knows.
yah i had to put hardest settings on my illuminas, due to if i went softer i would bottom out

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forget AGX. I have them on my B14 and both front and rear were bad within 2 years (30k miles) or less.

I just don't know who's springs really only lower 2''. My sportlines say 1.9'' f and 1.4'' r (on the B14) and they are definitely lower, like I'm an inch of gap in front and even in rear, and my car was so 4x4; I know I was 4+'' in front stock. I want 1.5'' to 2'', and I figured if Tokico says 1'' lower it would be more like 1.5'', but I was hoping someone on here was using them.

If I don't get that set then I'm getting the TEIN springs because the spring rates f/r are nearly even like you would want for a JDM S13, and mine is swaped over, so...
And I also found a set of blue Tokico for the S13 for $320 so I'll probably get those to go with them.

I'm done with KYB- 3 months to get the fronts back and 7 weeks to get the rears back for their warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nitrous v.s. what kind of gas you use

:) Hey guys I don't know where to go to post my first reply, but anyway I am a new member here and my name is Brandon I own a 1996 Nissan Sentra. It's all fixed up like an import car and I'll try to figure out how to show you what my car looks like. I just had a question to ask, if I'm installing nitrous into my car does that mean I have to switch to the alternative of using premium gas? Thanks

Brandon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah man I'm about to install some Tokico struts onto my car pretty soon with goldline springs and lower it about 2 inches from the ground. Tokico are usually made for performance and they are a great brand to buy! :)

Is that all you wanted to know about who's using Tokico struts? If not hit me back. If I were you I would lower your springs about 2 inches exact, for better traction, etc.

Brandon

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The Tokico spring/strut set is what I was talking about.

Oh and I read here the TEIN basics do not give a very good ride, and at 335 lbs/in they are over 3x stiffer than stock. I have a local price of $750 so the cost is competitive and around $1060 for TEIN SS coilovers (also 335/335 f/r). BTW TEIN Flex ($1320) are only 280/224 f/r spring rates.

I just want to get something good so my car will behave and I won't wreck because the car is so damn fast.

·
Registered
347 Posts
El Nismo said:
The Tokico spring/strut set is what I was talking about.

Oh and I read here the TEIN basics do not give a very good ride, and at 335 lbs/in they are over 3x stiffer than stock. I have a local price of $750 so the cost is competitive and around $1060 for TEIN SS coilovers (also 335/335 f/r). BTW TEIN Flex ($1320) are only 280/224 f/r spring rates.

I just want to get something good so my car will behave and I won't wreck because the car is so damn fast.
I have ran the Tokico Blues with Red Sport Springs for well over 4 years and
30K with track and AutoX time.
I love them and they are just on the edge of being rough and low. Yet JUST.
If there was image uploading for the Forums, I would show a pic of the stance.

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
spec240sx said:
I have ran the Tokico Blues with Red Sport Springs for well over 4 years and
30K with track and AutoX time.
I love them and they are just on the edge of being rough and low. Yet JUST.
If there was image uploading for the Forums, I would show a pic of the stance.
There is image upload on the forum, but you have to have a contributor account ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.