Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a set of blues w/springs for $385 (US). I was wondering if anyone had used them and how they were. I cannot find a spring rate and they say only 1'' lower but I was hoping it was a little lower. Any help would be appreciated because I don't know what spring/strut set up to use. I had horrible luck with the AGX and Sportlines on my B14 and I have put off lowering as long as I can.

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
I'm thinking about using them too, I only want to lower the car a little bit and the price is hard to beat.

Tokico says that the dampners and springs are matched for zero guesswork. Tokico makes good stuff, so I would assume these would be good too, but I don't know.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forget AGX. I have them on my B14 and both front and rear were bad within 2 years (30k miles) or less.

I just don't know who's springs really only lower 2''. My sportlines say 1.9'' f and 1.4'' r (on the B14) and they are definitely lower, like I'm an inch of gap in front and even in rear, and my car was so 4x4; I know I was 4+'' in front stock. I want 1.5'' to 2'', and I figured if Tokico says 1'' lower it would be more like 1.5'', but I was hoping someone on here was using them.

If I don't get that set then I'm getting the TEIN springs because the spring rates f/r are nearly even like you would want for a JDM S13, and mine is swaped over, so...
And I also found a set of blue Tokico for the S13 for $320 so I'll probably get those to go with them.

I'm done with KYB- 3 months to get the fronts back and 7 weeks to get the rears back for their warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nitrous v.s. what kind of gas you use

:) Hey guys I don't know where to go to post my first reply, but anyway I am a new member here and my name is Brandon I own a 1996 Nissan Sentra. It's all fixed up like an import car and I'll try to figure out how to show you what my car looks like. I just had a question to ask, if I'm installing nitrous into my car does that mean I have to switch to the alternative of using premium gas? Thanks

Brandon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah man I'm about to install some Tokico struts onto my car pretty soon with goldline springs and lower it about 2 inches from the ground. Tokico are usually made for performance and they are a great brand to buy! :)

Is that all you wanted to know about who's using Tokico struts? If not hit me back. If I were you I would lower your springs about 2 inches exact, for better traction, etc.

Brandon

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The Tokico spring/strut set is what I was talking about.

Oh and I read here the TEIN basics do not give a very good ride, and at 335 lbs/in they are over 3x stiffer than stock. I have a local price of $750 so the cost is competitive and around $1060 for TEIN SS coilovers (also 335/335 f/r). BTW TEIN Flex ($1320) are only 280/224 f/r spring rates.

I just want to get something good so my car will behave and I won't wreck because the car is so damn fast.

·
Registered
347 Posts
El Nismo said:
The Tokico spring/strut set is what I was talking about.

Oh and I read here the TEIN basics do not give a very good ride, and at 335 lbs/in they are over 3x stiffer than stock. I have a local price of $750 so the cost is competitive and around $1060 for TEIN SS coilovers (also 335/335 f/r). BTW TEIN Flex ($1320) are only 280/224 f/r spring rates.

I just want to get something good so my car will behave and I won't wreck because the car is so damn fast.
I have ran the Tokico Blues with Red Sport Springs for well over 4 years and
30K with track and AutoX time.
I love them and they are just on the edge of being rough and low. Yet JUST.
If there was image uploading for the Forums, I would show a pic of the stance.

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
spec240sx said:
I have ran the Tokico Blues with Red Sport Springs for well over 4 years and
30K with track and AutoX time.
I love them and they are just on the edge of being rough and low. Yet JUST.
If there was image uploading for the Forums, I would show a pic of the stance.
There is image upload on the forum, but you have to have a contributor account ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts