Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
They're around $500 for a JDM, which is what you might want to get instead of a USDM. Install might run you $300, have to check around. You can get the motor from Soko or JGY but since you're in Texas you'll have to appeal to the nissan community down there for advice on where to get it installed. However if you've got a GA16de in your car now, then you'll need an SR20 Tranny, wire harness, ECU and CV axles. So add another $850 for those parts. You'll also need any parts that don't swap over from your GA16 to the SR20, like water pump, alternator, PS pump and lines if you've got PS, bout you'll have to find out what your SR20DE would come with and what will and what won't switch over. There's a few who've done the swap so do some searching here at at the SR20DEforum to find out more and who to ask about those details.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Now you're talking, that'd probably save a bundle. I don't know what a front clip goes for but I'd guess you could get one for around $500 and you'd have everything you'd need just about.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
has n-e-one heard of Spec V motorsports in gardena ca ?

i heard alot about them in the magazines and i wanted 2 go check them out cuz they done a lot of swaps and conversions.

·
Registered
249 Posts
hm now how about pros cons of buying a new car or just putting a relatively new SR20DET into my vehicle??

and also- with all that stuff- what would you say a total be? like a ball park figure.

S

·
0 Posts
just check out http://www.srswap.com and choose JDM engines from the menu on the left...they have some of the best GTi-R SR20DET FWD engines..GTi-R SR20DET complete $2400 plus shipping. Usually includes ECU and AWD transmission. HT warranty and tech support included also.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
You can do better than $2400 for a GTiR SR20DET, you should be able to get it shipped for less than that. The AWD tranny would be useless and be costing you money to ship due to added weight. I think it was JGY had a GTiR front clip for close to $2400 awhile back, at least that way you got the harness, ecu and front brakes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What does JDM and USDM stand for? It's apparent that we are talking about Japanese vs. US manufactured probably, but what does the acronym mean?

Also, for around $500 shipped I'm half tempted to replace my my 130k motor with one of those...are they refurbed or just somewhat used?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts