Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. So i bought these LED accent lights from CND. Tire about 2 years ago. Then i mostly forgot about them. Then 5-6 months ago or more i tried to wire them up on my 2006 Xtrail, but i got frustrated and gave up after a few attempts. I will admit i have no clue when it comes to Automotive & Home electrical other then simple basic stuff . These were $25-30 LED accent lights that actually look good on some youtube videos sporting similar accent lights. I'm good with mounting them securely, i'm just kinda lost and confused with how to wire them up. Anybody help me out with simplest instructions? i do not care if i hook up the on/off interior switch or they turn on automatically every time i turn on my ignition. I will say i do have aftermarket LED bulbs already in my headlamps (with the Canbus wire ) and i do not have the daytime running lights function ever since i installed my led bulbs) so maybe that is adding to the confusion? i was just hoping to hook up the wires from the accent lights to my headlight wires/battery terminal and they would work every time i turn my headlights on manually. Thanks. https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/led-phaser-beam-accent-light-0203769p.html#srp
phaser beam.jpg

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
never mind, i figured it out and installed. Was very easy to connect the wires to get power. They look great , esp at night.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not unheard of to post how you did it. Might help someone else. Let's see a pic of the finished job!
hi...yes, very odd lol. I took the simplest approach and directly wired them up to the side parking/marker lights ( the orange amber rectangular ones on each front fender) You know, all this time i probably could of hooked up a pair of driving/fog lights i bought over 4 years ago for $75 and left untouched because i figured i needed the fog light relay , which i think was about $25-35 from Nissan. I have the original fog light wiring under the fog light plastic cap coverings and figured that be easy...but found i needed that relay, so i said forget it. But, if these Leds i just installed somehow break or not as great /long lasting as intended, i may directly wire them driving lights to the parking lights. I try to post a few photos of the Leds i installed. Not how-to photos, just some lit up led pics.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yah i know, lol, crappy iphone6 photos. Looked better viewing on my iphone. Anyways , to make my install a bit easier, i popped out the grill insert and removed the fog light blank out covers. I popped out the side marker cover, spliced the two wires into the positive/negative....ran the wires and led light with better visibility thru the fog light hole and the removal of the grill insert. I spent time breaking drill bits , i mean drilling a few holes, thru my lower bumper valance and thru the metal bumper portion underneath. I wanted the screws to go thru metal, not just the flimsy plastic bumper that had no real ''meat'' to screw into. So the drilling took a bit of time, small pilot hole drill, then bigger, then using my own longer/thicker screws for the support brackets. It was kinda trial and error on the first one, the second LED light went much quicker. Mainly because i was so thirsty and the dog was giving me bored puppy eyes because it was 6:30pm, sunny and wanted to go play. Overall, i would say to get a pair as they only cost me $30 from cnd. tire. Anyone with a bit of skill or patience should be able to hook them up and save $40-80 labour at some garage shop to do for you. Main thing is they do look pretty cool lit up at night and i won't feel to bad if they get broken/damaged from rocks as only $30. We have a lot of nasty , lousy drivers here in Vancouver, running red lights and some dimly lit AMber colored street light with big shady trees , so many side streets appear poorly lit at night. Any lit bit extra lighting helps, i say. ( i mounted them low so not to piss off oncoming drivers...i can tilt them up or down . Only thing i cannot do is turn them off seperate from the headlights...no biggie! ) Final words, they look super glary and bright in the above photos...they are not. It's the quality and angle of my iphone pics. They are not harsh on the eyes at all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts