Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm setting things up for Maxus 2005, and I'm trying to drum up interest for a road course event at Texas World Speedway the Friday before the meet.

cost will be $180 for FOUR HOURS of track time.
I'd like to keep it in the Maxima family, but I need to come up with 30+ cars, so I don't see that happening... I'd still like to see a Nissan badge on the car, but at this point I need the spots filled so if you want to bring a Honda or even a Hyundai you're welcome to come if you pay the $180.

Anyone want to go?

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
Matt93SE said:
...I'm trying to drum up interest for a road course event at Texas World Speedway the Friday before the meet...
Keep us posted. If I can get the car back from the cage builder in time, i'd be up for it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I would love to go,but Friday is a NO for me,sorry!Good luck Matt. :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
my friend just got a WRX, I'll see if he's interested ... and I bet my dad would want to take his TT out.

I dont think the truck should be on the track tho =\

·
Registered
601 Posts
cryption said:
I jus ttalked to my dad and he would be interested .....post more information when you get it

also wich course would it be set up with?

http://texasworldspeedway.com/tracks.htm

gotta be a road course, not a stupid oval
I think it'll be the road course off cause,I don't think Matt would go if there's no curve,LOL!And oval are for domestic. :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
the 2.9 road course would be sweet ..... I have to get used to all wheel drive, but yeah I'm in drivin my dad's car .... i duno if he's comin too

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
I've driven the following courses:
Buttonwillow long course CW
Streets of Willow CW
Texas Motorsports Ranch CCW (twice)
Texas World Speedway 2.9-mile CCW (twice)
Summit Point Jefferson Circuit CCW
Little Talladega CW

and think TWS 2.9 and Streets were the most fun.

Sure hope my car is available. Gotta price yet?

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Price is $180 for the day..
I'm going to call Jack this week and figure out how he wants me to do the money..
I'm guessing we just send it to him, but not sure yet.

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
Matt93SE said:
Price is $180 for the day..
I'm going to call Jack this week and figure out how he wants me to do the money..
I'm guessing we just send it to him, but not sure yet.
You decide you want the day (assuming it's still available) and he'll send you a contract. When I did the Convention, he required 25% up front with the balance due on the day of the event. Don't forget insurance and corner workers.

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He said he'd take care of all of that part- it's in the $180 per driver.

Jack said he's set aside the day already, but hadn't put it in stone yet...
I'll give him a call and see if he wants to take the money now, then we'll figure something out from there.

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
This must be one of the car club days that Jack was talking about at the Convention.

Wonder who else he has lined up? He said there's usually three, each one occupying a garage.

·
Registered
377 Posts
bahearn said:
This must be one of the car club days that Jack was talking about at the Convention.

Wonder who else he has lined up? He said there's usually three, each one occupying a garage.
Hey Bruce let me know if your gonna go. If you guy's need help at the track with anything let me know..........james

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I need paying bodies at the track right now. :)

Bahern, this is one of those club days he mentioned, but when I talked to Jack last week, he said there was no other clubs planned to go that day... So we have to make the 45 car minimum to get him to open the gates... he's gotta make payroll and etc so I can't blame him. sucks for us if we can't come up with the minimum number of people though.

So basicalyl let anyone you know that may want to come out. as long as they're willing to pay the $180 and have a safe car that won't leak oil in front of me or blow up on the front straight, then I don't care what kind of car it is. :)

·
Mofo fo life
2,103 Posts
Im in, I want to see what she can do. Plus I need an Excuse to get new tires/ brake pads. But I will defiently go, and I will let the SR guys in College station know as well, along with the rest of the car club. I'll link them here if they are going to go.

and as long as you guys dont mind a subaru out there, i should be good to go lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts