Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got myself a '91 1400cc Sentra. The engine is still good but the body needs a little work. I dont plan to change much but I still do intend to make some modifications. FYI, my engine is still not fuel injected, meaning, I'm still running on the good old carb. And I also don't have an ECCS Computer on board. I don't plan to race it but I do want my first car to look good and run well. (A little speed might help). I'm planning to change my exhaust system, the suspension and do a little tinkering on the engine. I'm planning also to get 15 aluminum magwheels with, maybe, 50 or 55 tires. Maybe I can get some suggestions from some of you who might be familiar with my car model. I'm new here and this is my first post. Thanks!

B

·
0 Posts
1400cc... wow... 1.4L. Most of us are from the U.S. and have 1.6L or 2.0L engines (GA16DE or SR20DE(T) respectively).

BTW, what's the body of your car look like? I'm not sure whether an P.I. '91 Sentra would be the same as our B13 ('91-'94) or the B12. If you could get pics, that'd be cool - I love seeing the differences between Euro/Asia/North American spec cars.

Oh yeah - Welcome to the board and congrats on the purchase!

·
Banned
28 Posts
'91 SENTRA (B13) IS A GOOD PROJECT CAR

I drive an 88 caddy now, and have for two years....but a couple of years ago my parents bought a '91 sentra for me or my brother, whoever wanted to fix it up. The front end was destroyed. I had to buy all new parts. I've got $450 in parts so far. New hood, grill, radiator, side fenders, and used core support with inner fender wells from another b13. The interior and seats are a bit moldy and it has 132,000 miles and needs new tires. But hey, for 100 bucks its a great deal. I have pics of the sentra as it is now, if anyone dares to see them. I'll be making a website for it as I make one for our graphics business. I'm hoping to have it done in time to attend NOPI next year. If anyone has pics of their b13 ((MODIFIED OR NOT)) or has any suggestions for simple modding, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
b_dyche said:
1400cc... wow... 1.4L. Most of us are from the U.S. and have 1.6L or 2.0L engines (GA16DE or SR20DE(T) respectively).

BTW, what's the body of your car look like? I'm not sure whether an P.I. '91 Sentra would be the same as our B13 ('91-'94) or the B12. If you could get pics, that'd be cool - I love seeing the differences between Euro/Asia/North American spec cars.

Oh yeah - Welcome to the board and congrats on the purchase!
The body is pretty much the same. Ive been to the states before and have seen the same model released there. There are only few external differences. The bumpers are not extended, meaning, mine are around an inch or two shorter than the US B13 release. I got black, unpainted bumpers matched with a pure white body color (planning to paint them white too). The real difference is on the inside. I think it's safe to call my car "basic". I got no onboard computer, no tach on the dash, no power windows/doorlocks/sunroof. Just the plain old car with a twin cam, 16-valve 1.4L engine on, which I think actually makes it lighter. Anyways, I already had a Tanabe exhaust system installed just the other week (which made the car a little more lively, I think), and I had all four dampers changed. I'm thinking of getting lowering springs to reduce the ground clearance a bit and getting some 15 inch volk wheels to add to the look. The car is not much at the moment. I'll post my pictures when it's a bit more decent.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts