Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for shorter rods for an all motor ga16de that im making. i want to make a strong bottom end. i figure the lower the rod the more compression to the cylinder. if any one has a set of 4 or know where i can order them new hit me up. i plan on using a 75shot of nitrous. to be on the safe side of things

·
Registered
3 Posts
GA16i for parts or sale

I'm pulling a GA16i out of my b12 was going to try and get rid of the whole engine though. Engine smokes blue for about 10 to 15 min on cold start and has a tinny knock, not sure where from. I will be doing a GA16DE swap in three weeks and pulling the engine, harness and ECU. I am pretty new so i can only give a basic description and post pics of parts for those inclined. :newbie:

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
i am looking for shorter rods for an all motor ga16de that im making. i want to make a strong bottom end. i figure the lower the rod the more compression to the cylinder. if any one has a set of 4 or know where i can order them new hit me up. i plan on using a 75shot of nitrous. to be on the safe side of things
If you are using the stock GA piston with E-series rods, you are lowering your compression ratio, not increasing it. That would be a good combination for a turbo engine, but not an all-motor one. I'd use GA16i connecting rods (stronger and thicker than the GA16DE), and get a custom set of Wiseco pistons (77mm), which brings your compression ratio to 10:1. I think that is probably the best and strongest bottom-end you can achieve with our engines.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! im spraying nitrous with low compression pistons to avoid breaking the engine. i dont want to go turbo any more. i want to try nitrous. there is a b11 in puerto rico that is touching high 12 with nitrous only. i want to run 200 shots of nitrous without breaking the engine. im thru with turd bo. its taking my pocket to the crapper. ar the ga16i shorter? i need shorter to be able to shoot a large amount of nitrous

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
ssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! im spraying nitrous with low compression pistons to avoid breaking the engine. i dont want to go turbo any more. i want to try nitrous. there is a b11 in puerto rico that is touching high 12 with nitrous only. i want to run 200 shots of nitrous without breaking the engine. im thru with turd bo. its taking my pocket to the crapper. ar the ga16i shorter? i need shorter to be able to shoot a large amount of nitrous
go with the GA16i rods. you'll still get 9.4-9.6 CR, but the rods are WAYYY thicker than 16DE rods.

you could spray LESS nitrous and make more power, especially off the line, unless you're spraying the whole way down and starting with a big stage.

you can go with E16i rods, but remember, it was an 8.4:1 engine.

and N2O isn't really considered all motor :p.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts