Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about upgrading my alarm to the Viper 791 XV and wonder if anyone is already using this system? If so, how do you like it? I'm mainly getting it for the remote 2 way paging since I currently have battery backup siren, glass break and shock sensors. (The LCD Keyfob is hella kool.) Also, are there any DNE hook ups for purchasing car alarms? I can install it myself so really only need the unit but can go w/ installation if price is right. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
8 Posts
meanbean said:
I'm thinking about upgrading my alarm to the Viper 791 XV and wonder if anyone is already using this system? If so, how do you like it? I'm mainly getting it for the remote 2 way paging since I currently have battery backup siren, glass break and shock sensors. (The LCD Keyfob is hella kool.) Also, are there any DNE hook ups for purchasing car alarms? I can install it myself so really only need the unit but can go w/ installation if price is right. Thanks for reading.
Viper are good, I used to install for a living. I hope your car is an auto if you are doing remote start. I also hope that you have experience with alarm systems before you attempt to do this yourself. If it's just for convenience then a "newb" install will prolly suffice if you solder everything. If you are truly trying to prevent the vehicle from being stolen then let a professional do it. There are right ways and wrong ways, and the wrong way could be VERY costly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have done alarm installs before so its no big deal to me. I have a manual so I will not be needing the auto start. I know DEI/Viper is a controlled line so thats why I was asking if DNE had any local hookups for possible over the counter sales. Since all I really want it the 2 way remote LCD keyfob, I may go with another line like Scytek Galaxy to get this function. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
8 Posts
meanbean said:
I have done alarm installs before so its no big deal to me. I have a manual so I will not be needing the auto start. I know DEI/Viper is a controlled line so thats why I was asking if DNE had any local hookups for possible over the counter sales. Since all I really want it the 2 way remote LCD keyfob, I may go with another line like Scytek Galaxy to get this function. Thanks for your input.
DEI's policy is that they only sell to authorized dealers and are NOT sold uninstalled. The only way (outside of knowing a rep) to get one is to know someone that works at a store (most don't allow this as it voids their contract with DEI) or Ebay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts