Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my car 4 about 7 months now and am planning to do the exaust and intake on it. does anyone know the best combo to use and for how much. Ive thought about AEM for the cold air and mabe turbo II performance catback system. any advise would be much apprieciated.

OH YEAH, im lookin to spend mabe 2gs on this part of the project.

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
First, let me say that street racing is STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!

Second, go to http://www.se-r-list.org/archives/ and search there for the many different intakes and exhausts available for the SE-R. Sadly, there is no "best" combo, it depends entirely on the depth of your bank account and the power goal you set. A turbo intake/exhaust combo would differ radically from an N/A set up. Decide what you intend to achieve and research your options. Lots of dyno charts out there, use Google to find 'em.

For a naturally aspirated car, I think the consensus would say AEM CAI, Hotshot gen-4 or latest Stillen header and the Courtesy Nissan cat-back. Don't forget to set your timing to 17º BTDC. No, you don't need premium fuel to run that setting.

Oh yeah, the Nissan Newbie descriptor is rather inaccurate as I bought my SE-R new and have been on the SE-R National list since 1998.

·
Tuner/Mechanic
266 Posts
i kind of enjoy street racing. anyway, what do you have? do you have a turbo? are you going turbo at the same time you are doing the intake/exhaust? because 2gs is enough to get you THE ABSOLUTE BEST(most expensive) intake/exhaust on the market. shit, mine only cost me about 500 total for a custom exhaust and custom intake, both made of stainless steel and both powdercoated. 2gs, damn....all the damage i could to with 2gs.....:D .......

T

·
0 Posts
2 grand??? Can we say screw that and can get a DET. Just IMHO.

Kyle

·
NOt only a customer...
176 Posts
give me 600 and ill give you full exhaust with new cat and resonator, pipping upto the Dp of the header. and the exhaust with the tuner. 2.25 pipping.. and a PRI CAI. plus shipping.. how does that sound

1 - 6 of 6 Posts