Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. I have been trying, and trying, to figure out what wires to splice into off of my ECU (99 SE-L) I have no idea what wire is the Tach wire, since I dont have a Factory Service Manual, and chiltons books are only good for wiping your A$$ with, as well Apexi might as well have Walmart sell their products since they have no idea what to do with them... Oh I could go on, and on, though I need to know what wire colors from the ECU are for the ignition power, tach, and speedometer.. These wires need to be spliced into to get the Apexi Rev Speedmeter to work.
Sounds simple enough though, I have posted this question on the SR20DE forum and the few people that replied are just as lost as I am.
So if anyone has knowledge of this or has a FSM for 98 or 99 Sentra w/ SR20DE your assistance would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks, and I apologize for comming off so strong for someone new to this board.
:eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
ccroaddog said:
just pull out you tach and look...if you cant find out that way ill look when i got next i might have the answer
You realize that there are 2 to 3 smaller harnesses that connect to the back of the gauge cluster. I will see what nissan can do for me and by tonight the 98-99 B14 sentra community will have an answer to this. I am just kinda supprised that no one knows, used to have a 240sx w/ Ca18det swap and I am used to people knowing about Nissan ECUs though the ECU that is in my SEL is OBDII compliant and is why it differs so much from other sentra's, NX's and 200sx's.. I will try to copy the entire ECU pinout from my local Nissan dealership so that there is never this issue again. The only other Nissan's to use this similar pinout is the Cedric / Gloria and the Lepard according to Apexi though those cars are in Japan and all are Y series chassis and use VQ30DE / T engines.
Oh well.. :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Ok well none of the local nissan dealerships nor courtesy of texas could help me they basicaly want me to shell out 120 for the book instead of offering me assistance... I dont know what I'm going to do now other than poke into the wires and test them.
If anyone knows which color wires I need to splice into your help would be appriciated.:(

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Sorry that I cant help with the wires, but that thing is neat as hell! After reading this I went onto their site and that thing is sweet. If it wasnt over 200 bucks I might have gotten it, with the stop watch and all that good stuff. When you get it installed, if, tell me how you like it.

·
Registered
479 Posts
the rev limiter on the se-r sucks once you hit 7200 it kicks in and its governed at 113 im going to order the jim wolf chip later this summer.....gotta pay for classes first

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
did you try asking greg v. at mossy nissan also? he is on the sentra mailing list and if he knows the answer he will tell you, if not he will surely try to find it. i think, but am not sure, that his email is [email protected]. hope he can help you out.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
thanks I found out the ign power is black w/ red stripe and I tried two other wires though no luck other than the unit having power I am not sure what I tapped into for speed and tach though I think one of them is for the airbags cause the gauge cluster light came on for split sec today.. well I will email him to see what he knows, thanks for the advice. :) I will get this yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts