Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thursday i left work around 4 p.m. and I'm on the road for about 7 min. and my car just starts slowing down... So i gave it some gas. Nothing, so i thought it was my fuel pump again. NOPE .. My rotor in the cap was loose. The bolt was sitting in the cap.. put it back on and made sure it was tight .. Car started right up ... Just wanted to know if this has happen to any of you guys out there ?

·
Wins Don't Come Easy
205 Posts
I've never had that happen before. I just changed rotor and cap and they were both tight as they should be.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Ive seen this happen on Several different Nissan models... Usually because the screw/bolt has been replaced and Doesnt have a good Lockwasher (If one at all)... Some aftermarket rotors have a New bolt with them... I usually reuse the Factory bolt as the Lockwasher on the aftermarket are "usually" cheapo's. If in doubt....Use a drop of blue Locktite (Only A Drop)

·
Registered
430 Posts
...smooth metal on smooth metal.... W/ A [email protected]#LOAD VIBRATION AND CONSTANT ROTATION.

can loosen any bolt that isn't secure.

you see the wheels fall off a car after it leaves the pit and winds up to speed, when the guy didn't tighten the lugs.

what he said.. a nice lockwasher that grips the plastic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts