Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had these problems, my fuel filler lid doesn't open with the gas filler door/trunk release lever and my interior lights go out evernow and then i have to move the dimmer wheel to get them to come back on. I really want to fix the interior light one. i'm not to worried about the gas tank lid thing since i want to put a new model eclipse style fuel door on it. but the last one bugs the hell out of me

·
Registered
32 Posts
6 months after we got the car in 97 the interior lights(speedo and hvac and radio lights) all went out, then would come back on later, and then one night they all went out for good, wouldnt come back on, so my mom had to take it to the dealer to get it fixed, no problems since.

A

·
0 Posts
I have had both of those problems on my 95 SE-R. The dash lights go out occasionally, and if I turn the dimmer wheel, they turn back on. I always suspected it was a faulty dimmer wheel, and even had confirmation from the dealer who diagnosed it for free. The fuel filler door - I've only had problems with in the winter. I could only open it by pressing the lever, and having the gas station attendant push the door near its hinge at the same time.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
To fix the interior lights from going out. Get behind the dimmer switch, and make sure the cable connection into the switch isnt loose. A ot of people have this problem in our madels, and the fixes the problem 95% of the time.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my lever don't work at all i have to push at it near the hinge to get it to open. like i said i'm not really worried about since i'm going to get one of those racing fuel door conversion kits to have a fuel door like the ones on a new model eclipse. I don't know if it supports the trunk kit or not so my problem should be fixed when i install it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Dimmer switch has a loss connection

·
Hang out wit yo Wang out!
546 Posts
Happened to me only once when I let the car sit for 3 days straight, I figured it was just cold, cause the interior light came on after about 5 min of the engine running. If it happens again, I'll know what to check.

·
Registered
762 Posts
i had the fuel door problem and still have the light prob. my dimmer switch doesnt work at all. to fix my fuel door i took it off a messed with it for a while bending slightly the hinge, bracket and a spring type thing (not sure what it is called). folded peice of metal or something. but maybe i had a slightly diff. prob. than yours

1 - 9 of 9 Posts