Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently live in the San Diego area and will be moving up to Northern California. I'd like to hear from some Bay Area Nissan enthusiasts. How's the scene out there, shops, events etc.?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Whats up. Northern CA is ok. We have a lot of import people up here, shops on the other hand LA area is much better.
What part of NorCal are you moving to?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be moving to Concord, CA in Contra Costa County. I've been trying to find some good tuner shops and maybe some local Nissan clubs. I got a 96 200sx se-r.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My parents live in that area and i went to highschool in concord. I'm now in Sac. If you need any directions around concord u can ask me but as for shops i have no clue. Sorry!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, but I already know my way around over there. I went to high school there too but have since moved to SoCal. I really wasn't into cars back then though and I didn't even own a Nissan till about 2 years ago.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to ask you the same thing. I lived in San Ramon and went to San Ramon Valley High. Then joined the Military, spent a year overseas and been stationed in southern California since.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thats cool, Concord is about 20 minutes from me. There is one shop that i know of called Twin Cam Motorsports. I have heard from a friend that there is another shop up there but dont know what its called or where it is at.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where exacly do you live at? 20 min away, I'm thinking San Ramon or Dublin, or maybe Berkley or Oakland. Whats up with
Bay Area Serca?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah Im in Richmond. Not sure whats up with Bay Area SERCA, but we have a Bay Area SE-R mailing list and the are a good number of se-r guys up here.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Coolstuff, I´m in the South Bay, Sunnvale. Wassup NismoRob.. hehe I´m in München right now, gonna be back home in 9 days.. can´t wait!

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone in No Cali....

I'm in Sacto, I have 91 SE-R, mild mods. Some bay area folks are planning a Nissan meet in Fremont on July 20 Saturday. Sub_culture is sponsoring this meet. I believe the meet is still on. I'm going to the Nissan meet in So Cali on Aug 2 Friday. I know there are Nissan folks out there, we just need to find them.

QinSac

·
Registered
6 Posts
My car is very mild...all I have on mine are the AD22VF brakes, SMC Brakelines, SMC Shortshifter, and replaced ALL my suspension bushings with Energy Suspension parts....but
Yeah I know most of the guys (all 4 of them) who own SE-R's..one of them used to belong to the list and another is at
school, and the other 2 just float around the Fresno area. Although I have seen more new Spec V's around lately...I'm going to try and see if I can get the local dealership here to give the
Nissan guys a slight discount.

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Meet info.....

There are 2 Nissan meets in Cali coming up that you might be interested:

1. In Fremont (Bay Area) :

LOCATION INFORMATION!!!

Date: July 20th, Saturday

Location/Address : 1100 stevenson, Fremont, CA 94538-2967. Go to www.mapquest.com to get directions.

What To Bring : Some food if you would like to help with the BBQ. I am provide 3 bags of charcol so bring some food. If you have a small gas grill bring it. There is only ONE grill on this side of the park!

Location Info :
If you are to get lost. We will be meeting up at the tennis courts!! Do not get fooled with the baseball dimonds.. For we will be at the tennis courts..

When you pull in to the parking lot. The lot is An Upside down L Shape..

Besure to drive striaght then hang a left. Go all the way down towards the END. We will be there posting..

if you get lost, again ask for the Tennis courts.. we will be in that parking lot. Down near the golf driving range..
Remember the police station is down the street from the park. So be respectfull and dont drive like an ass, show off or anything to that nature.

Hope to see you all sat... bring positive minds and dont be shaddy and shy.. we are here to MEET people and have discussions on cars and what not.

Thanks
Sub.

I imagine that would be a 3 to 4 hr drive for you, if you attend. I will be there taking pictures.

2. Fountain Valley (So. Cali):
Here's the link to get directions: http://www.geocities.com/stealthb14/

Barring any unforseen activities, I will attend this one also. Some project cars from NPM will be there. If you willing to follow me down there, let me know and I will tell you when I plan on leaving Sacto and I can meet you somewhere in Fresno.

QinSac:cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey, that's exactly where we had the 240SX BBQ/potluck last month. =P One problem (among many) that we ran into was that we had to wait for people to leave to use the park's BBQ grill. I believe there's two in that area but only one is right next to the parking lot. Someone bringing a portable grill would be a very good idea. Anyway, I'll try to show up and I'll let my local 240SX buddies know also.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm in Oakland. If you see a silver second gen altima with a primered black widow kit. That's me. Honk and say what's up!. :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts