Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm about to get a project engine...and just out of curiousity i am wondering if somethin can be done. i know you can bore an sr20 out to accept 300zx pistons. can you bore out a ga16 to accept sr20 pistons? or are the walls too thin? what would it be...1700..1800cc's?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'd like to know also, but I'm afraid the walls are already pretty thin. Robert Legre already did this you can read the whole thing here http://www.mathermotorsports.com/html/timmotor.html

Incidentally, although the original compression ratio was rated at 9.5:1, the true calculated ratio turned out to be 9.59:1. Most automotive companies are a little optimistic, but Nissan appears to be a little pessimistic in its calculations. I settled on an increase to 10.5:1 compression and a bore increase of .040", as the cylinder walls didn't look thick enough to accept a larger bore increase. Displacement increased slightly from 1597 cc's to 1639 cc's.

I don't know how much can be removed or how big the sr20 pistons are but if it can be done someone let us know.
Hope this helped
Josh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts