Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought a SE-R Automatic?
I just got one and wondering where can I go to shop for part to modify the car's performance...
Thanks in advance..

PS.. Didnt get the Spec-V due to reason of me being in a city with major traffic jams when I take it to work daily....

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought the SE-R In automatic because i live about 20 miles from NYC and its such a bitch to drive stick in traffic, although i love nothing else in the world than a nice 6-speed, so i have some regrets. The car still definitely moves tho, i ordered the AEM intake for it, and im also waiting on an exhaust for it.

Mike

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, traffic in NYC is a pain in the (_!_)
Thats where I am at.....
But where did you order the parts from?
Website? Catalog?

J

·
Registered
674 Posts
Can't you use the same performance parts as the Spec-v? It's the same motor. I would think the Hotshot header would work. Isn't the exhaust on the automatic the only difference in horsepower numbers to the Spec-v? For a cheap upgrade, find someone with a Spec-v selling their stock exhaust. That should give you the 10 hp back. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
37 Posts
yea i believe every part made for the spec v is the same as the regular se-r. the exhaust im gettin has dual rounded square tips which i think will look hott on the se-r, and i havent seen those tips on any se-r yet so maybe ill post up some pics if it looks as hott as i think it will.

mike

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I heard that installing these performance parts ex.. AEM CAI or super charger, will harm the transmission because its not built for the increase in acceleration these parts produces...
Just wondering if this was true?
Heard it from a few trusted mechanics...

SE-R420,
Thanks for the suggested place and site...
Hope to see you around in the city....

·
Registered
172 Posts
SE-R manual vs. SE-R slush-O-matic

Well.. sorry to all you auto SE-R drivers but the auto is just a little slow. I raced one today and I pulled away hard. too much power lost in the tranny, and it just isnt as responsive not like the manual. as far as the tranny not responding well to power increases, nissan's automatics are reasonably strong and should take a fair amount of punishment.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I tried to outrun a slightly modified honda Civic....
The power of an automatic is still not as good as what a manual can do...
Well at least the SE-R looks better and meaner...

·
Sentra Flogger
108 Posts
when you say "outrun" do you mean on the freeway or from a standing stop? please tell me it was a vtec honda. i can't bear hearing that a nissan lost to a hon-duh. please, say it ain't so!

·
Registered
37 Posts
i happen to have a se-r auto and i beat thehel out of a lot of cars. i beat an accord v6, and an eclipse gt, and that was before i got the intake and exhaust,

mike

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah it was a VTEC....
I think this guy put in a few grand on his cheapass car to make it go .....

Man an SE-R Auto can beat out a V-6 accord and a Eclipse GT???
Woah i must have a lemon engine cause when i floor it, it just dont go that fast to me.....arghghghghg

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BTW, it was on a freeway and i think he was smart about his car..
not much on it, making it madd light....

·
Sentra Flogger
108 Posts
that blows

so, did honduh boy outrun you because he was better in traffic? or was it pretty much just you two? still, i kinda find it hard to believe. ... just how badly did you get beat? you said it was a slightly modified civic, but no one can ever know for sure what's under the hood, i suppose... it sounds like you have your work cut out for you. start modding your slushie and go kill some damn honduhs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
its all good, ill take my slushee auto-se-r and put a super charger on it when it comes out, then who gives a shit if its 6 speed or not, it wont matter once the supercharger kicks in.

dealing with the automatic by modding

MiKe

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heh,
didnt get beat that bad....
Yeah there were traffic...not much since it was late night...
Still all those bumps on the highway... didnt do my slushee any good...
But very proud of my se-r for being able to be neck and neck with a modified honda.... next time when all mods are in...leave them in the dust!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts