Nissan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Shift_THIS and ZOOM ZOOM
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any chance in hell?

there is one dumb ass that is talking smack about my nissan , he thinks that his shitty neon is king. someone has to put him in his place!! He says he's going to own me and of course he will unless i use my moms car or am i selling the sentra short? because i have a 89 sentra the only hope in hell i have is that the shitty mopar atx will blow anybody think that i will have a chance in hell? or should i use the Tortoise(2000 ford Taurus)?

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Nissan is not god. There is always someone faster, no matter what you drive.

·
Registered
106 Posts
rice rocket (soon) said:
their is one dumb ass that is talking smack about us nissan people, he thinks that his shitty neon is king someone has to put him in his place!!
Why don't you give it a go?

People always say that neon's are pieces, and in most respects they are always breaking, but there is shit they can do that will make their cars a force to be reconed with.

The first gen R/T neons are decent cars (DOHC 2.0L 150HP). I got waxed by one that had I/H/E (Not 100% about the "H". Then they can do the 2.4L engine swap. I'm not sure about the exact specs of the 2.4L powerplant, but I know it's damn close to th specs of the QR25DE.

Anything else should not be a problem. If he has a second gen R/T don't be intimidated. For some reason or another Dodge crapped these up. They have dual magnaflow exhaust which probably robbs more power then it frees up. Then they took out the DOHC 2.0L 150HP engine and put in the SOHC 2.0L 132HP engine (Same as all other neons).

On a sice note a modded 5 speed SOHC 2.0L could give you a pretty good run for your money.

·
Shift_THIS and ZOOM ZOOM
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there may besome one faster but what did they pay and put in to their ride?

·
Registered
106 Posts
rice rocket (soon) said:
there may besome one faster but what did they pay and put in to their ride?
I'm not sure what the cost of a 2.4 engine is, but most people do the swap themselves.

My brother has a 96 neon (SOHC 2.0L 132HP). Right not it's an auto, but he's planning on doing a 5 speed swap sometime this summer. With his mods (I/E) he should be able to keep up with my stock SE if not pull on me a little.

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
There is a neon at the track from time to time that runs exactly the same times as I do. Like almost down to the thousandth at times. Its odd sometimes to watch.

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
If both cars are pretty much stock, I think he will be quicker. I have driven Neons before and I used to have a 93 XE. I know it does not make me an expert by any means but thats JMO.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It depends on the tranny the neon has. There is an auto 3.44 (or something like that) that is slow as shit (3 speed). Then there is a 3.5 or 3.45 tranny and those are quicker.

If it's an SOHC stick then you'll be in for a race. If you're both autos who knows. But if it's a DOHC (Neon R/T) be prepared to eat some dust.

EDIT: IMO, if someone is talking shit about your car you can't show up and race him in someone elses car (Particularily your moms)!

·
Shift_THIS and ZOOM ZOOM
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
he said that he would beat them both so i said your on!!!!
i already raced him with the taurus when he was driving his moms tercel and cleaned him his car went and stalled (govener kicked in) at 165 and mine went to 195 with 4 people in it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well I raced a neon the other night cuz this guy pulls up to the stoplight and keeps moving up and jammin on the brakes so must have been auto too so its green and i pull right away and left him for a quick race...we both had a passenger too, but that's the stock '96 1.6 vs a '96-'97 neon?? ;)

and 195 is crazy fast well then again 165 is daaaamn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts