Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking lately about saving up money to put a better engine in my car. Mine's an automatic, so an engine swap would be ideal, as I want to drive a stick. I was thinking probably an sr20de (or turbo model if it would fit). Anybody know any good resources in So. California? And eventually does anybody want to help me put all this in? There's a few pick-your-part yards around here, are they a good source for engines?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hey whos is it going i know how u feel i been trying to find some1 that would do my swap but its verry hard out here since a mostly honda atmosphere i hade found a shop that would do the b-12 sr20det swap but i called them back and they said that they wont do it any more it was to much of a hasel for them that shops name is sleeper motorsports in san bernardino so im still looking for a shop out here in southern cali by the way i stay out here in fontana where r u from? what yr is ur car and what do u have done to it later

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sup man, i am from cali too, since you are on the subjects on tranny's, i have an automatic, will a manual make a big difference?

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Manual tranny will make a huge difference!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm out her in Tustin , CA

I live like 10 minutes from Disneyland and Anaheim Stadium. I haven't done anything to my car at all really yet. It's my first car, but it's a good car, just no power, and it's an automatic. I think I'm ready to drive stick.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You'd probably be better off just doing the swap yourself. Easier said than done obviously, but if you're on a budget this is the way to go. A shop will probably charge you nearly $1000 to $2000 dollars just for the labor, not including the engine and parts. If you have this kind of money and have no desire to do the swap yourself then go for it. But, if you're poor like most of us B12 guys then you should start researching how to do the swap. Hybrid DET, NismoDriver and Boost-Boy could help you out with info and some insight on the swap. I don't think many shops would be willing to do the swap because it's not very common, fabrication of mounts is required and the wiring is pretty difficult. Just my opinion.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sup cali people

hey i really want to do the sr20det swapbut theres no shop that would do the swap so im pretty much asked out i would appreciate if anybody can help me out this is a dream i want to realized i been dreaming for ever for this

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I too want to do the SR20 swap, but good like finding a shop to do it. Like I said before, you're probably gonna have to pursue the project yourself. I live out in Redlands, not too far away from Fontana, but I don't have the money nor enough knowledge yet to do the swap. I'd want to help you, but I don't think I'd be ready to pursue it yet. Plus, I'm already tied up in another project right now, swapping a 4AGZE into my brother's 89 corolla.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts