Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. Mine runs a 15.17 in the 1/4 mile... That'll be dropping alot as well once I turbocharge it (should be happening this month or next) - I'm gonna be putting 2 T25's and an intercooler on the VG30E that's in there. I'll let everyone know what happens hehe. Gotta have turbos since I just crashed my 90' TT 300ZX... I miss it already.

Peace
Stickerz

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have yet to take mine to the track. All i have so far is stock with body mods, Took the air cleaner box off and my muffler is falling off from hitting the pavement so many times it has a mean growl:p . I tightend my throttle cable and put in some Platinum NGK plugs. I have been looking through my K&N parts book at work when its slow and theres a kit for Pontiac tri power air systems that use air stacks that have a 3 1/16 flange, think mine is 3 on the nose so im gona price out a kit and see if I cant make that work. Keep us posted on the turbo install. Think im gona get a book on turbo's and superchargers and crews my local junk yard for a rebuilder project prolly a Garret t3 since Ford and chrysler use then on there 2.2 should be safe on my 2.4. Any way would be cool to see a step by step if you got the time. Oh yah sorry for my spelling and type O's when i get typing on a subject i dont stop:D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think a T3 would make a fine turbo to add to a KA24E but just keep in mind the high compression ratios & keep the boost low at first! At least, until you build the engine to work with boost. I'd replace the pistons with lower compression ones. If you've got some $$$ an SR20DET wouldn't be a bad way to go to replace the KA engine.

~Stickerz~

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What makes the Sr20 engine better? Well besides the fact mine was made in Mexico:mad: I have been looking into some options as far as pistons and crank go, hard to find for the Ka series engines. Although I really want turbo I think ill settle for intake, pipes and bigger fuel system. And ill keep on the look out for something that is stock turbo to tweek on. I just like the fact that my mini gets so much attenion everyone from the 4x4er's to the fast and furious clones all want to race. The machinists i work with are trying to get me to stick a 350 in it but i want to stay with Nissan.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, for starters the SR20DET was designed with performance in mind, not to be a truck engine like the KA series. It's the engine out of the silvia in Japan. I comes turbocharged, and it also allows for higher rev's if I'm not mistaken. It's a helluva engine... And the aftermarket is friendlier to it as well, even here in the US (especially considering we never got that engine here...)

~Stickerz~

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to race mine...

I have just registered with my local SCCA. I have a 94 reg with the KA24E. I'm buying a 5-speed this weekend. I have an auto in it and it's slow! Just lowered her and installed a 40 series Flowmaster. I want to trick out the chassis, but don't know the best way around it.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hrdbdy how lowww did you go?
did mine 2 in the front 2 1/2 in the rear sitting on 15 inch rims with 195/45/r15's

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
hmm thanks Stickerz, Think im gona have to stick with my Ka engine maybe I can find one in a 240sx or something made in Japan I hear they are made of better material then the one's made by our southern brothers. Think ill go to my local dealership and look through there cataloging on rpm specs and such, But like you said its tricky to find mods for it, not to popular as far as perfomance goes. Really it has suprised me and a few of my freinds that try to race me in town...:cool:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put 3 inch blocks in the rear and cranked the torsion bar. Also with the front I removed the bumpstops and even out the torsion by measuring the distance between the floor and the edge of the fender opeinging. It was 26 inches.
As far as tires? I'm looking into getting the new Falkens I forget what there called. Also want 15 inch wheels. Buying a 5-speed next weekend and I can't wait!

·
Registered
4 Posts
hrdbdyracer said:
I have just registered with my local SCCA. I have a 94 reg with the KA24E. I'm buying a 5-speed this weekend. I have an auto in it and it's slow! Just lowered her and installed a 40 series Flowmaster. I want to trick out the chassis, but don't know the best way around it.
Ive got a 93 ka24e 5 speed ,but i cant find any perfomance mods for it .it's fast enough to take civics with just tunin it right and i can hang with the v8 ram 1500.I was wondering where could I pick up some mods

1 - 10 of 10 Posts