Nissan Forum banner

Any questions, feel free to ask me!!

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  gtirl 
Do all Nissans have a short clutch play? Kinda having a hard time disengaging smoothly sometimes.

Is Mike Kojima going to write a follow-up on his articles posted at sentra.net? That's a year old, not really new since then?

Spring rates for 00' GXE. How bad are the dampers on the GXE or is it the springs?

Would I need to trim the Koni bumpstops if I plan to install Progress Springs?

Are there any aftermarket spring silencers/sleeves and colored damper boots?

What's the optimum wheel/tire size for the GXE, my 17s with 205 40s rubber make my butt lag.

Need advise

GXEman said:
What's wrong with your tires? I'm using the same size (205/40) with no problems.

Now, my question: How much does the stock hood weigh? It's pretty damn heavy!
I love my tires. It's just that I regret going from 14 to 17-inch wheels. I thought that three more inches of aluminum would be close to the weight of the steal rims and the fact that i'm using 40 series tires. I never had 17s and sadly dreamt about having it since I was 16, that's 10 years ago!! Do you think 15s would performance better and look decent or maybe 16?

GXEman said:
15's would make you faster in a straight line, but low profile tires are better for cornering because of the stiffer sidewalls. I'd say that 16's are a good compromise between straight line performance, cornering and looks.

My 17's plus tires weigh less than my stock wheel/tire combo. So far I haven't regretted getting them (except for 2 encounters with curbs...).

Out of curiousity, what wheels do you have?
I guess you're right about the weight of the 17-inch alloy wheels.
Before I mounted the new wheels I carried both and the stock 14 seemed little heavier, I guess it's just that the wheels now have an extra 3-inch diameter. ICW EXT-Force 17, is this a ricer brand because each cost the Nissan dealer little more than $200.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.