Nissan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on anything on the QG, from bolt ons to nitrous, if I can't answer them, Keith sure can!! Feel free to ask!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do all Nissans have a short clutch play? Kinda having a hard time disengaging smoothly sometimes.

Is Mike Kojima going to write a follow-up on his articles posted at sentra.net? That's a year old, not really new since then?

Spring rates for 00' GXE. How bad are the dampers on the GXE or is it the springs?

Would I need to trim the Koni bumpstops if I plan to install Progress Springs?

Are there any aftermarket spring silencers/sleeves and colored damper boots?

What's the optimum wheel/tire size for the GXE, my 17s with 205 40s rubber make my butt lag.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Uhmmm....You will need spec v dampers if you're going with aftermarket springs. As for you're tires, do some calculations for the weight/rotations of the stock vs the ones ur planning to get.
that's all i know.

-Eric

·
Registered
34 Posts
What's wrong with your tires? I'm using the same size (205/40) with no problems.

Now, my question: How much does the stock hood weigh? It's pretty damn heavy!

·
Registered
37 Posts
i got one

ok i got question. where can i got a decent short shifter for my car for a decent price. i got a 01 gxe. and i read about nissan the upper strut mounts on the b15 in 01 or 02 (not sure). would i run into any problems installing progress springs and b14 agx's?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: i got one

Sicx13 said:
ok i got question. where can i got a decent short shifter for my car for a decent price. i got a 01 gxe.
Try ptuning. They have the B&M listed at 150 (the one I got) or you can get the pacsetter one, listed under the B14 Chassis, it's cheaper like 80 I believe.

-Eric

·
Registered
20 Posts
Need advise

GXEman said:
What's wrong with your tires? I'm using the same size (205/40) with no problems.

Now, my question: How much does the stock hood weigh? It's pretty damn heavy!
I love my tires. It's just that I regret going from 14 to 17-inch wheels. I thought that three more inches of aluminum would be close to the weight of the steal rims and the fact that i'm using 40 series tires. I never had 17s and sadly dreamt about having it since I was 16, that's 10 years ago!! Do you think 15s would performance better and look decent or maybe 16?

·
Registered
34 Posts
15's would make you faster in a straight line, but low profile tires are better for cornering because of the stiffer sidewalls. I'd say that 16's are a good compromise between straight line performance, cornering and looks.

My 17's plus tires weigh less than my stock wheel/tire combo. So far I haven't regretted getting them (except for 2 encounters with curbs...).

Out of curiousity, what wheels do you have?

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The hood weighs probably anywhere from 25-40lbs I believe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
GXEman said:
15's would make you faster in a straight line, but low profile tires are better for cornering because of the stiffer sidewalls. I'd say that 16's are a good compromise between straight line performance, cornering and looks.

My 17's plus tires weigh less than my stock wheel/tire combo. So far I haven't regretted getting them (except for 2 encounters with curbs...).

Out of curiousity, what wheels do you have?
I guess you're right about the weight of the 17-inch alloy wheels.
Before I mounted the new wheels I carried both and the stock 14 seemed little heavier, I guess it's just that the wheels now have an extra 3-inch diameter. ICW EXT-Force 17, is this a ricer brand because each cost the Nissan dealer little more than $200.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Those are nice looking wheels. Pic if anyone else is interested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just got a 08 sentra 2.0 s was wondering where can i get cold intake, headers for it also its a automatic thinking about getting supercharged its that possibly. new to this sorry for the newbie question jus didnt have the money to fix my old 98 sentra gxe so i got an 08 and want to fix it up

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 1994 sentra 1.6 the car quit running so i thought it was the coil put in new coilon it no help so i put in a new dist car ran for 5 days and then died again it has a weak spark at least i think so i put in a ecu the car ran perfect for a minute and a half then died the fuel pressure is 50 psi i put a new fuel regulater on no change in the status can some one help please

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nissan Sentra 2001 GXE: grinding sound when pressing on the accelarator

Would approaciate a diagnosis of an issue I'm experiencing with a Nissan Sentra 2001 (manual transmission). Here are the symptoms:

- I hear a grinding sound when the car is in gear and I press the accelerator - usually in 5th at about 115hm/hr, but I also noticed it when accelerating from a stop in 1st. It is not a high-pitch squeak sound. Very much "grinding" and definately only when gas pedal is applied.
- If I do the same with the car in neutral (at the same speed) there is no sound.
- The grinding effect comes and goes (eg. 20 minutes of grinding if pedal pressed then 1 hour of sound-free)
- Applied an anti-slip spray to the drive belt yesterday and i haven't noticed the sound since (albeit have only drive the car once since application of the spray). I'm hesitant to believe that the problem is in fact the drive & power-stearing belts because I would have expected more of a squeal-type sound than the grinding-type in this case.

Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
know what could be causing a 05 1.8s auto engine to stall? only happens when the gear shifter is moved from R to D.

dealer said nothing is wrong with the car but it happens almost every time i drive it. (my mom drives it now and it has never happened to her, but it will still happen to me if i drive it :confused:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts