Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m in the middle of a build up of my ka`s internals and would love to hear,..or give advice to anyone else who has turboed or will turbo a ka. :cheers: I am going for :dumbass: power, 560hp to the wheels and 520ft lbs of torque. I have gotten all kinds of crap from aLOT of SR guys, but I know a thing or two about the powerband I`m looking for, and I can get from the KA. :thumbup: My build up consists of porting/polishing the head, Arias 8.5/1 forged pistons, z32tt fuel pump and pressure regulator, 52lb jwt injectors/ fuel rail, and a to4e or t3/to4 jwt turbo. I will be running either a AMS EMS or a Haltech engine management system( let me know if any one has experience with either system). Also I will be intalling arp head studs and a cometic head gasket. I also have a freak of an intercooler in store for this project. What I am not sure of is what turbo manifold to use, all of them i`ve seen look like crap or are not recommended online. If anyone has a manifold or knows of a good one, let me know ( don`t use ssautochrome manifolds or xs power..not xs engineering... turbos, they are epoxied together and are shady.)Sorry for the long post....pics soon...93 240sx... :redx:

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FINALLY!!!!, ..Just so you know, my posted goal of 560hp was just a gauge on top performance potential. I`m really only looking for about 300 or so. I know that 52lb injectors will not be enough for 560, but fine for 300. I`m sorry for not making that clear. I have seen all of the cars on KA-T.org, I was just wandering if anyone is doing one personally. And yes, the Arias pistons do have beefier rings and ring lands. Thanks again! :cheers:

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rurounisammy said:
man... i wanna turbo =(
but mine won't be for like 3-5 more years i'm thinkin. College kids needs to finds the jobs -,-

oh yeah, thanks for the heads up with the ssautochrome and XS power turbo(read it a while back just never commented)
Hey, just doing my part. :thumbup:

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The Boost Designs kit is good,....and now they have a built long block for around $1800. As for all the people dropping there 2 cents in on my original post...please remember typical errors are not always mental errors. I know what it is going to take and have already started working on my car. If you know me, you know I come to the meets even while my car sits on jackstands in my garage.I WORK ON MY CAR !..I am not mad at anyone, just trying to clearify a few things. I have a TON of info on different swap options and turbo upgrades for the KA. I originally was going to swap in an RB25det but McKinney Motorsports is slow returning e-mail. I am even still considering swapping a VG30dett as everyone is flamed for even suggesting the idea (not in this forum though :cheers: ).It will work, its just that the KA-T is so much simpler. If anyone is interested in any info I have on any of these swaps, just ask... :waving:

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
engine#9 said:
I'm getting the BD stg 2 hopefully within the next month, right now im working on te bottom end, I had the heads done (3angle valve job, port and polish) then ill be set to go...eventually
Post when you get it, I`d like to know if it seems good quality or not :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.