Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m in the middle of a build up of my ka`s internals and would love to hear,..or give advice to anyone else who has turboed or will turbo a ka. :cheers: I am going for :dumbass: power, 560hp to the wheels and 520ft lbs of torque. I have gotten all kinds of crap from aLOT of SR guys, but I know a thing or two about the powerband I`m looking for, and I can get from the KA. :thumbup: My build up consists of porting/polishing the head, Arias 8.5/1 forged pistons, z32tt fuel pump and pressure regulator, 52lb jwt injectors/ fuel rail, and a to4e or t3/to4 jwt turbo. I will be running either a AMS EMS or a Haltech engine management system( let me know if any one has experience with either system). Also I will be intalling arp head studs and a cometic head gasket. I also have a freak of an intercooler in store for this project. What I am not sure of is what turbo manifold to use, all of them i`ve seen look like crap or are not recommended online. If anyone has a manifold or knows of a good one, let me know ( don`t use ssautochrome manifolds or xs power..not xs engineering... turbos, they are epoxied together and are shady.)Sorry for the long post....pics soon...93 240sx... :redx:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
COME ON!, Somebody has to have done one or is doing one (except for that altima that went boom). Oh well, I`ll keep checking back. :thumbup:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Ka's SUCK! Sr20's RULE ALL!!! :D j/k j/k hehe. Seriously, i think if you take a KA24DET built to say, 300rwhp vs. an SR20DET @ 300rwhp, the KA is going to seriously lay the smack down on the SR (if it was built right and if the SR isn't stroked) just because of the massively higher and flatter torque band you'd be at with the KA. The SR is the drifting engine of choice, sure, but if speed is what you need, I think you're going in the right direction (not to mention you could replace a blown KA probably 7 or 8 times before you'd be at the cost of a new SR). And for those that say a KA can't rev, that would be what aluminum flywheels are for. But you already knew that. ;)

·
Registered
319 Posts
BlueBOB said:
sorry man, no one's really done it. there was a guy that turbo'ed his 2nd gen alti. don't know where it's at, but it was still kickin like 3 or 4 months after he did it and he was kinda hard on it

james vick knows a guy who did it and dynoed around 400 rwhp i believe. duran i think is his name? he showed up at the opening of ennis last year in his 240

·
Registered
1 Posts
I remember on NICO there is a guy with a shop in Illinois, called sound performance ( http://www.sound-performance.com/sp.htm ) who was working on a KA24DET. He had recently broken 502WHP on his setup. As you can see he does alot with Supras, but lately he has been working on the KA24DET-powered S13. It isn't listed in his projects page, but there was a link to it on NICO's KA-T forum.

Just curious, but I remember that one of the biggest obstacles to a turbo'ed KA engine is that the piston rings can't handle the increased cylinder pressures. Do your new pistons feature stronger ring lands and rings?

I will try and find that link.

·
Registered
5 Posts
man... i wanna turbo =(
but mine won't be for like 3-5 more years i'm thinkin. College kids needs to finds the jobs -,-

oh yeah, thanks for the heads up with the ssautochrome and XS power turbo(read it a while back just never commented)

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
i guess this is just going to be a dyno queen?

or do you plan on tub'ing out the rear and putting a 9" rear-end on?

im thinking 500+ hp in a <2900lb car isnt going to make for good streetability/driveability

IMO it would make more sense to make a 350-400rwhp car and still actually be able to put that power to the ground

·
Registered
319 Posts
Radioaktiv said:
i guess this is just going to be a dyno queen?

or do you plan on tub'ing out the rear and putting a 9" rear-end on?

im thinking 500+ hp in a <2900lb car isnt going to make for good streetability/driveability

IMO it would make more sense to make a 350-400rwhp car and still actually be able to put that power to the ground

you dont have a cool car unless your:
1. throwing a code
2. your girlfriend tells you your car is a danger to society
3. everyone whines about the hard ride
4. your tires dont keep traction

500 rwhp should meet these goals

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FINALLY!!!!, ..Just so you know, my posted goal of 560hp was just a gauge on top performance potential. I`m really only looking for about 300 or so. I know that 52lb injectors will not be enough for 560, but fine for 300. I`m sorry for not making that clear. I have seen all of the cars on KA-T.org, I was just wandering if anyone is doing one personally. And yes, the Arias pistons do have beefier rings and ring lands. Thanks again! :cheers:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rurounisammy said:
man... i wanna turbo =(
but mine won't be for like 3-5 more years i'm thinkin. College kids needs to finds the jobs -,-

oh yeah, thanks for the heads up with the ssautochrome and XS power turbo(read it a while back just never commented)
Hey, just doing my part. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts