Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
BlackZhawk said:
try tightening your alternator belt up a little. they usually get a little loose. if thats not it i have no idea.

Also try "belt dressing" spray when the engine is off, and then run the engine to ensure it covers all the belts. Good luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
westpak said:
Also check for leaks, I tried the dressing and tightening but found a power steering leak that kept leaking on the belts and caused the squeeling at start up.
Yea i took a look at the belt and there is definately a power steering leak on the belt, looks like it is in a difficult place to get to so i might just take it in and have it fixed.

·
Registered
221 Posts
cameron40420 said:
Yea i took a look at the belt and there is definately a power steering leak on the belt, looks like it is in a difficult place to get to so i might just take it in and have it fixed.
Yeap, it is probably the pressure hose which will be expensive for parts and labor. If it is not a bad leak try transmission leak stoppers, that worked for me it still leaks a little but not enough to fall on the belts, I used to have to refill the PS fluid once a week now it is like once every few months.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There are a couple of idler pulleys that have bearings and dirt shields. If the bearings or shields are worn or damages that could cause the noise. It happens on my Maxima in cold/ damp weather.

·
Registered
14 Posts
westpak said:
Yeap, it is probably the pressure hose which will be expensive for parts and labor. If it is not a bad leak try transmission leak stoppers, that worked for me it still leaks a little but not enough to fall on the belts, I used to have to refill the PS fluid once a week now it is like once every few months.
i had the squeaking noise like that. it was the belt that goes around the water pump and alternator. i just tightened it and at four different torques til it stopped. it was so annoying , and i w as embarrased when i started it. its gone for good now. the belt was just a little loose. also use belt dressing. works too. or get a new belt. i
i have a pressure hose for power steering brand new still in nissan sealed bag. its not just the pressure hose its the pressure hose plus some other assembly tubing and brakets all in one packet. bought it to replace more than just the "pressure hose". ill sell it it costs over 250 dlls.

·
Registered
221 Posts
enrique22n said:
............ i
i have a pressure hose for power steering brand new still in nissan sealed bag. its not just the pressure hose its the pressure hose plus some other assembly tubing and brakets all in one packet. bought it to replace more than just the "pressure hose". ill sell it it costs over 250 dlls.
I know I almost choked when I saw that so I bought a used one from Z1, they install a better stonger fitting on the end that leaks and it just the pressure hose.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it possible to just replace the fitting or do you have to replace the whole hose and the fitting? Is it a hard job or not too bad?

·
Registered
221 Posts
cameron40420 said:
Is it possible to just replace the fitting or do you have to replace the whole hose and the fitting? Is it a hard job or not too bad?
The whole hose. But like I said I got just the pressure hose and not the whole assembly Nissan sells, still a PITA to install which is why I have put it off, I figured I will wait until I have a bunch of things I want to do that will be affected and have to be removed anyway to get to it or I am in the area, I am thinking of replacing the radiator, alternator, intake/turbo piping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts