Nissan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Featuring 240sx/silvia. I have absolutely no idea what drifting is all about, maybe renting a PS2 game at my brothers could gimme an idea.

I have a 2.6 ghz PC with a Geforce 4, but no consoles besides a Sega saturn (yeah thats when I stopped bothering with consoles). I mostly play CIVIII, Unreal,KOTOR, and hopefully I can get the character design/concept artist contract designing Fallout 3 (alltime favorite).

I have not seen anything on tv about the sport.

People around here are mostly interested in "monster truck" activities. Like tearing up the 25 mph dirt road we live on with trucks featuring calvin pissing on GM/Ford, etc. A community of scholars.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I am gonna say try the search button works great.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, tried search first...I get random info about this game and that and how need for speed 2 has a drift race level, but I still asked the question because the original search did not satisfy my curiosity.

A search of this particular site resulted in 0 posts on the subject.

So therefore, I ask...if there are any 240sx owners that could offer their experienced opinion a video game that either focuses on Drifting, or doing a nice job simulating a 240sx/silvia.

·
Registered
405 Posts
gt3, need for speed 2 has a nice tuning section

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
It's fun to drift in GT3, but it's really hard. I like "Togue" better, but it's a Japanese only game. My buddy happens to have a real Japanese Playstation (score!). Drifting in NFSU2 is not nearly as good as NFSU1. I mean, drifting a Golf? Can't be beat.

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
313ryans said:
and hopefully I can get the character design/concept artist contract designing Fallout 3 (alltime favorite).
You and 500,000 others! At this rate that game will never be made.

My favourite is bustin out the old PS1 and doing some mad suspension and camber adjustment to the 180 in GT2

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...on Fallout3, I am most likely better at drawing than the other 499,999, I have never met anyone better than myself (lots of people more disciplined and less self-destructive than I used to be though, hence my 3.1 gpa)

THe other drawing teacher at this high school is a superb character creation artist. He does comics that have a dark sense of humor. We just do not have much time to dedicate ourselves to the project. If we get some of our more talented students involved (who have never heard of the game) we could really be on to something.

I was excited to hear they planned a release for Nov 10...a great b-day present for me. But no way in hell they are getting it done that fast.

Anyway, thanks for the game suggestions...will check them out asap

·
RB Enthusiast
644 Posts
The best Game Trioka (well the guys who made fallout...they left and started up Trioka) ever made was Arcanum tho :p Hybrid Magic/Technology RPG.... :)

Still at least there is a game with the 240SX/Silvia in it, theres no chance in hell of a game very being released with my car in it :(

·
Paddle Shifted
272 Posts
Get yourself Need for Speed Underground 2 (I perfer this one because of the downhill drift) or go to an arcade that has Initial D ver.3 simulator. Initial D is fun as hell but the down side to the game is there is NO HANDBRAKE or CLUTCH! How the hell are you going to make a game about drifting and not put in a handbrake. The first time I played this game I was watching these kids (15,16) playing the hell out of it. So I step in being a "real" or wanabe drifter thinking It's like real life. I was wrong! The kids just laughed at me because I kept trying to pull this imaginary E-brake. I looked like I had some nervous twitch! :dumbass: Try explaining the purpose of the E-brake in drifting to a bunch of punks (like I'm some old fart).
:topic:
Anyways, NFS:UG2 is fun. Sega GT for xbox can drift but its hard(realistic). Initial D is cool too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts