Nissan Forum banner

Any Altima enthusiasts out there?

17K views 186 replies 33 participants last post by  Coco 
G
#1 ·
I see all of the other sections of this forum filled with enthusiasts of the other models, except the Alti section. Where are you guys/gals? I cannot be the only one, right?

G
#3 ·
I have 96 with wai, greddy exhaust, and a 75 wet shot from nx. It really performes better than stock. That project car is really something else. Props to all who have participated in that project.

G
#4 ·
I feel ya!

Hey, I love the new Altima!
Even though, I drive a Sentra, I would mind having one myself. The rental car companies seem to like them to- I've driven quite a few working valet at a hotel. They're performance is great and they've got awesome handling!
I think the problem is that they've been classified as a middle of the road family sedan with no possiblity of being a performance vehicle. That's why the L31 is mixing things up so much. I was reading an article that says that it's Nissan's best selling vehicle right now, which I'm down with.
I think another problem is that not enough Alt owners know about this. I only found out about it by a search link to sentra.net! I know this site isn't really authorized by Nissan, but if we could work out some kind of street team to let people and dealers know about it, that would be cool!

G
#7 ·
Fantastic! I am surprised of the lack of enthusiasts out there for the Altima. Especially since the 3.5 has been released. I've seen these things on the street, not only do they look good, but they are quick as hell too!
I know that there is another site for altimas, but let's be honest here. The Altima section on this site is an embarassment ( no offense to anyone ). It would be great to go to this site and be able to chat with people who have simular interests, and at the same time check out the other cars and forums too. Any other section on this b.b. you check out are loaded with poeple. But, the altima section never has crap. We need to get this section rollin'. We need to show support and interest in these midsize cars, to show people that they are not just family cars, or boats, or whatever they say. But an actual performer right off of the lot.

#8 ·
paulb said:
Fantastic! I am surprised of the lack of enthusiasts out there for the Altima. Especially since the 3.5 has been released. I've seen these things on the street, not only do they look good, but they are quick as hell too!
I know that there is another site for altimas, but let's be honest here. The Altima section on this site is an embarassment ( no offense to anyone ). It would be great to go to this site and be able to chat with people who have simular interests, and at the same time check out the other cars and forums too. Any other section on this b.b. you check out are loaded with poeple. But, the altima section never has crap. We need to get this section rollin'. We need to show support and interest in these midsize cars, to show people that they are not just family cars, or boats, or whatever they say. But an actual performer right off of the lot.
To be honest, this site doenst have the publicity. I did a search and had to go through a few pages before this site was even mentioned. After I found it, I told OhTwo about it. Even though its still small, its nice to have a fresh start.

G
#9 ·
Slurppie said:
To be honest, this site doenst have the publicity. I did a search and had to go through a few pages before this site was even mentioned. After I found it, I told OhTwo about it. Even though its still small, its nice to have a fresh start.

I didn't even take that into consideration. I had a friend tell me about this site, or I never would have found it. It just seems strange to me that if you look in the other sections on this site, they are full of people. But the altima section is so bare.

#11 ·
I don't have an Altima, but I am the administrator, so I'll jump in anyway. :D

Thanks for the support, every time you tell someone about NissanForums.com it helps bring in more members. We know the Altima forums are really empty, but we haven't had much success getting the word out. I've added this site to Open Directory twice and it still isn't listed! Search engine rankings aren't all that great, but we do get a lot of members coming in from links on other sites.

If you want to help get a good Altima community going here, we'll offer any support we can.

#13 ·
OhTwoAltimaSE said:
That's fantastic! Slurp and I are refugees from another site, and lets say support wasn't the soup du jour.
I can add that we are always looking for nice cars to feature in the mag... So if you are interested in having your Altima featured, drop me a line at myoung@nissanperformancemag.com

Welcome to the board... I think you'll find it a pleasent experiance. We try to keep it well mannered and on topic as much as possible...

#14 ·
OhTwoAltimaSE said:
That's fantastic! Slurp and I are refugees from another site, and lets say support wasn't the soup du jour.
Yeah.. I'll have to agree with that.. change on that site doesn't happen so quickly.. if at all.. I'll have to check this site out and welcome all the support that the mods would be willing to give.

#18 ·
Altim8GA said:
Looks like the best of the bunch over here.
Wurd.. :D We must not let the undesirables come over.. :)

#23 ·
Coco said:
Affirmative...does he post often? Isn't he a member of the other forum?
Yes.. he's the moderator for the NE Forum at Altimas.net. I met him at a meet we had back in May. He's pretty cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.