Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
05-06 NF FF CHAMPION!
3,960 Posts
not supposed to go into the stands, so they HAD to suspend him. but given the circumstances they gave him a light suspension. u guys hear that fan is gonna sue davis for 1 mil? gay...

·
Registered
109 Posts
i read a thing on espn hat summed it up pretty well...8 games was "supposedly" the perfect number...any lower and stern was being too soft and anymore was too harsh...i think that 8 sounded about right, but i still comend davis for doing what was right...

·
What's in your wallet?
2,640 Posts
Unless they're diving into the seats for a loose ball, it's gonna be a suspension. We'll know if it's fair by the number of days given to the next player.

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think he really cared HOW big a suspension he received from it. I think all he cared about was the drunk ass that was harrassing his wife. I would have done the same thing! ALTHOUGH, no one has mentioned if his wife provoked him at all. ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Antonio davis was in the wrong and the right. As a secuirty guard I believe that he should have left it up to us to handle it and through that guy out. But if some guy is fucking with your wife then you have every right to get in his face. If that happened in a place i work that guy would have been thrown out because he must have been drunk or something.

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay......I've heard another side of this story now. Turns out he and his family still live up here in the Chicago area. His wife has been thrown out of a couple of sporting events for their kids because of her attitude and yelling at people. SOOOO....turns out SHE was the one that actually stood up and started getting in the face of the other man. HMMMMMM.......maybe THAT'S why he didn't throw and punches or do anything.

Typical Woman! ;) Always getting the man in trouble

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
I actually KNOW the fans father. He is an atty. in Lake County and the fan is also in law school. A few shows covered his side of things that indicated he was physically assaulted after he was working over the ref. on some bad calls. Hell it's Chicago, normal fan shit...

It looked as though Antonio was going to see what kind of shit his wife started IMHO. I mean if he thought she was in danger he would have done more than he did. Given her history he was probably like.. "what the fuck is dat bitch doin' now?"...

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just saw some video on it. It was TOTALLY her fault. Looks like SHE started all of it....or at least most of it.

1,267 Posts
Q: Why should Antonio Davis get suspended for any games? He was a man at work who saw his wife in a threatening situation that security obviously had done nothing to diffuse. He addressed it calmly and without violence, then left it to the authorities. Clearly either the fan(s) or his wife (or both) were involved in it escalating to what it was ... and Davis' entry ended it. Punish THEM, not him. The problem isn't Davis, the problem is that the league still has not done enough to prevent confrontations in the stands. Control the stands, and the players won't be in them.
-- Jack McDonald, Naperville, Ill.

SG: Very fair point on confrontations in the stands. One problem: The facts point to Davis' wife escalating the incident and having a history of acting, um, erratically at her husband's games. That's why I don't think Davis should have been suspended for what happened, just in case he's The Dude Who Married A Slightly Crazy Chick. We all have one friend who married someone who's a little crazy, and occasionally she gets into random fights at bars or tries to run him over in her car, and then things settle down and they're OK ... but you never judge, and you never stop cutting the guy slack because it's not his fault that he married a crazy person, and besides, crazy girls are always the ones who are phenomenal in bed. Why do you think the plot of every Cinemax movie revolves around some smoking-hot chick who kills a bunch of people, seduces a detective and has over-the-top sex with him before being revealed to be crazy?

The only reason I mention this is because Davis' body language as he entered the stands wasn't, "Oh my God, somebody is threatening my wife, I'm gonna kill the guy, I have to protect her!" but rather, "Oh, no, she's doing it again, this just happened two weeks ago at Target, I hope she doesn't stab the guy with her sunglasses or something." And he went up there, made sure everything was cool, then meekly returned to the court after realizing that everything was under control. So commissioner David Stern should have found out whether Davis' wife was nuts or not, then doled out the punishment accordingly. You should always have compassion for any male who was sucked in by crazy sex and couldn't get out in time. You know, if that was the case here. I'm not saying it was. Just a theory.
Bill Simmons is the man:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060120

·
Registered
89 Posts
I totaly agree with what you said. You gotta be on your wifes side based on principle. Just like I won't let anybody beat up my little brother fuck I would kick his ass around when he was little but not let anybody fuck with him.

·
Registered
206 Posts
My whole problem to begin with is this...you're in OT what the fuck are you doing lookin up in the stands anyway man? Concentrate on the game, you're getting payed millions to play basketball not play security guard with the fans...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts