Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went into Tire kingdom to get tires and they told me I had an oil leak (1 qt/2k miles), so I told them to go ahead and fix it. Well, 9 months, thousands of dollars replacing every part, car rental fees ( once they kept it for 6 weeks), 3 managers and 3 engines later, they have a 'new' used motor in it and can't get it to start. They've been working on it for 2 days. Mind you, the car ran like a sewing machine when I took it in (it just leaked/burn 1qt/ 100 miles, which was a qt a day for me). I'm desparate , as I have to drive it across Country tomorrow to take a new job and I need it roadworthy ASAP. When they put the 'new' motor in , they installed a new front and rear main seals, oil pump, timing chain and distributor. I suspect they did the timing chain/distributor wrong, but they insist they did. Last motor they had the same problem and said the CPU was fried, so I took it to another mechanic and they'd wired it wrong and blew the mag fuse, but they instist they didn't do this this time. I need ideas ASAP ( and I know, but I'm into them so deep now[this is warrantee work on the second motor], I have to see this thru, plus the good mechanics don't work weekends)

· Because Size Matters
1,873 Posts
without seeing the car and hearing what it sounds like, It's too difficult to tell online what it could be. I'd start with the fuses and go from there.

There's a lot of things it could be. I hope by now, you've got your car back and running.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.