Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I'm getting ready to do the TC on my truck at 165k miles. Having read other threads, I know not to buy an aftermarket kit (though the prices are tempting). I"ve scoped out some OEM goods from these guys:
CourtesyParts

Problem is, they don't include cam sprockets in this kit. In fact, I can't find sprockets for this year and engine anywhere on their site (it's 4 cyl, 1996). Anyway, do I need to replace the sprockets? Or are they reusable? If I do need to replace, where do I get them online?

·
Hardbody Freak
2,675 Posts
the can sprocket is all metal and is usually bullet proof.

so just inspect it and reuse it if it looks goods.

if it is damaged or broken pm me and i will send u a couple of links ..

·
Registered
215 Posts
timing chain

here at nissan we never have to do a timing chain unless its damaged. if you need anything i can try to BEAT courtesy parts. just inquire at cerritosnissanparts.com

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the can sprocket is all metal and is usually bullet proof.

so just inspect it and reuse it if it looks goods.

if it is damaged or broken pm me and i will send u a couple of links ..
Thanks for the advice. So then I'll guess that the signs of wear to look for on all sprockets include broken teeth, or unusual wear patterns. Aside from that, it's all good?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here at nissan we never have to do a timing chain unless its damaged. if you need anything i can try to BEAT courtesy parts. just inquire at cerritosnissanparts.com
Thanks for the offer to beat that price! I'm a big fan of saving cash whenever possible. Can you PM me a price for a timing chain kit equal to the courtesy one I linked to? Please include tax (if any) and shipping.

I'll dig around your site as well later tonight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts