Nissan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
95 4WD 3.0 XE, This problem started two weeks ago while plowing. Often when plowing a final push the rpms are low to the point where there is even an occasional stall:eek:. The check engine light then lit up, and at low rpm, even when starting out going through the gears, I couldn't rev the engine high enough to get out of that funk. The first couple times I'd crank it out on the open road for a bit, the light went out and everything seemed to clear up. This last storm however, it started doing it more often. Now, I don't even have to be in 4WD and if I'm below 2500 rpms, its bogging down on me (over 2500 is clears up). It happens about 50% percent of the time (the other 50% of the time it seems to run fine.) Checked the trouble code - O2 sensor. I have had other vehicles where the O2 sensor code was thrown,but it didn't seem to affect how the vehicle performed. There is clearly a problem here though. I read all the previous posts about cleaning (carefully) the MAF, checking plugs wires,etc. Question to you guys is will a bad O2 sensor cause the problem I'm having, or is the problem I'm having causing the O2 sensor to throw out the check engine light?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts