Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks like there's lots of newbies on this board - that's good for Nissan I guess.

Years ago I used to drive Datsuns. I don't think I've ever owned a Nissan. But, that's about to change.

I've been a Toyota guy for years but the last transaction really turned me off...

I bought a Certified Toyota and when I picked it up, it was full of rust (2003 with 30K miles}. I took it to a dealer near me and he said he thought it was probably a flood recover vehicle - most likely salt water. I gladly paid top dollar for a Certified vehicle - man did I take it in the rear.

I still have to talk to a regional rep about it but I don't have too high of hopes that this will be resolved in my favor. Toyota is running scared saying that the Certified program is a 'dealer' program and not the responsibility of Toyota. Yah right... That's why they are advertised at Toyota.com 'The best of the best' (used cars).

The original dealer tells me that they use a lot of salt in the area where the truck came from. Well, we use a lot of salt where I live too.

I'll keep you guys posted when I get a final resolution. I hate to trash Toy too much until they finally dump on me (as I expect them to do).

Anyway, I'm going to trade this junk for a new Frontier. I liked my old Datsuns and, based on that, have no problem with driving an Nissan.

Hope I'm here for a long time...

·
What's in your wallet?
2,640 Posts
Congratulations on joining NF!!:thumbup: I hope things work out well for you with your Toyota deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts