Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 200sx 1.6 Manual. Went to drive my car yesterday, car was cold I started it and started backing up, the car stalled (may have been my fault) and when i tried to start the car again the starter would turn but the engine would not start. Battery is fine, starter was rebuilt about 6 months ago. I've tried push starting to no avail. Changed the spark plugs and wires just in case no help. The only thing I can think is possibly the timing belt or distributor? Any ideas??

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Generally, when a car is cold and it stalls, the engine is flooded with liquid gas and won't start. This happens because the ECU makes the mixture very rich when the engine is cold. The best way to get it started right away is to crank the engine with the accelerator floored to sweep the gas out of the cylinders. When being push started, it is best to floor it, too.

Lew

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
i was doing dounuts in a parking lot in december and the same thing happend to me after i stalled it. i opened up the hood removed the wires and pluged them back in and it fired right up..
i wouldnt rule out the starter or distributer..also make sure your wires are all in the correct order making sure each one is going to the correct position on the Distributer also play around with the terminals wiggle them around and try to jump start it. see if you get any results.

OR just listen to LEW.. that should work

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lshadoff said:
Generally, when a car is cold and it stalls, the engine is flooded with liquid gas and won't start. This happens because the ECU makes the mixture very rich when the engine is cold. The best way to get it started right away is to crank the engine with the accelerator floored to sweep the gas out of the cylinders. When being push started, it is best to floor it, too.

Lew

Tried starting it with the accelerator floored no luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
slow200 said:
i was doing dounuts in a parking lot in december and the same thing happend to me after i stalled it. i opened up the hood removed the wires and pluged them back in and it fired right up..
i wouldnt rule out the starter or distributer..also make sure your wires are all in the correct order making sure each one is going to the correct position on the Distributer also play around with the terminals wiggle them around and try to jump start it. see if you get any results.

OR just listen to LEW.. that should work
Ill go give that a try too

·
Registered
78 Posts
heh, I know this one like crazy. Pull the 15a (blue) fuel pump fuse. That'll start her if she's flooded. When she starts to run like crap (1-2 seconds) plug the fuse back in and away you go :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Crimminy

I half hope it isnt something that simple cause i just had it towed....:( But i half hope it is so it wont cost too much

·
Registered
98 Posts
pull out your spark plugs and take a look at them if there wet dry them off wire bursh them then regap. if that doesnt work start looking at cap, rotor, and wires. if you take out a spark plug and let us know how it looks we could help you a lot more

1 - 8 of 8 Posts