Nissan Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Excellent. Now you know it's safe and you're good for a while.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,078 Posts
Glad to hear there were no big issues. Even replacing that rear caliper that is sticking is not that expensive, and it might only be the boots and pins needing replacement. As X-Hale said it takes the pressure off in looking for a replacement and frankly should make you willing to invest in the X a bit longer. Bonne chance with it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Well, the rear left brake pad was really worn, which was odd as I had the rotors and pads done last June. This shop suspected no lubrication was applied. So I had to redo the pads to pass the safety and that was it! They gave me a deal (I think) and charged $205.00 to do it with pads they had on hand. I guess they were impressed how good the Little Silver Bus looked for its high mileage, and no suspension issues, either. Tightened up the loose heat shield as I mentioned some rattle was annoying me. These guys are pretty good; I think I will use them for more stuff now, and not bother with the young cheaper guy anymore. Anyway, on with the search... :geek:
ah good news for you. It's always good to have a few mechanic shops and be on good terms with the mechanics and not put ALL your trust in one shop/one mechanic just because ''i trust them/they always been good to me''. There are numerous reasons for this. Sometimes you have a shop/mechanic with a rigid, cocky, know it all attitude and set in their ways . Sometimes you get the inexperienced mechanics or ones with personal problems/dug-alcohol issues. One big reason too is when you think you found that ''perfect shop/great mechanic'' and put all your trust into them , invest your time and money with them, they can gain your confidence and rip you off by padding the bill or doing unnecessary work/parts replacements on your vehicle or not even really doing the work they got paid for. It does happen.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts