Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 sentra Auto tranny, the 1st gear is ok going to 2nd. Under 2nd gear its fine until it reaches 2000rpm it will start to slip revving up to 3000rpm before it will shift to 3rd. At 3rd it is also ok. 4th is the same as 2nd. It will slip in 2000rpm and higher.

Fluid color and level is ok, nylon governor gear is still in one piece.There is a leak in the pan but only for the first 2 mintues after starting the car. I also noticed that the ATF fluid have bubbles everytime I checked the dipstick is this any indication of problems inside the tranny.

Hope you could provide any options I could check before I have a complete tranny change. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 months ago drained the fluid and cleaned the filter, then maybe about after 2 weeks all of these happens. aside from the governor and flushing the tranny do you any suggestion on any parts in the tranny I can check without disassembling the whole tranny. or are there any adjustment or electronic sensor i can check. thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just yesterday I open the tranny pan underneath and found lots of bits and pieces of what looks like to me are clutch lining. does anyone know how can I replace this parts.

·
Registered
791 Posts
You need a complete rebuild or replacement. Your transmission will have metal all through it. You might be lucky and find a good used at a salvage yard.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
wow, that thing is gone, even Lucus slip can't halp that now. I wonder if the pieces have been in there long, I wonder if a tranny cooler would have helped that survive longer because heat is what does it in. That is pretty good for 140,000. that tranny is good.

I sold one 2 years ago to a guy in new York. 4 speed auto. I had only 80,000, I always used Mobil 1 synthetic ATF and had installed a big tranny cooler. The thing was like new.

Rebuilding is expensive unless you can do it yourself. you are better off finding a tranny that has 80,000 or less and installing that.

Chris 92 classic

1 - 11 of 11 Posts