Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I have a question for all you gear and electical heads out there.... Just reciently, a few days ago my buzzer started to go off (even if the car was off it would still be on), and I nocited that my seatbelt light on my insurument cluster would not go off as well, and that even stranger and i think this is not connected but it seems to be my defroster button stays lit now. I have checked the fuses and everything is in perfect condition. However, tonight I pulled the fuse for the "dome light" and the buzzer, dome light, and radio went off (i know this fuse connects to others in the fuse box), but, the seatbelt light stayed lit and so did the defroster, and as I got out of the car to pull the fuse out I noticed that the 3 relays in there were pretty hot or I should say very warm.

I was woundering if you guys have ever experienced my problem or have head of my problem. Oh yeah I searched around the sr20deforum and I saw a post a while back that said the "timing control unit" when a guy unplugged it made the warning buzzer stop and his seatbelt light to not go on.

Well I hope you guys can help because I am sure stumped.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Yeah, the seatbelt light and the defroster are connected to the time control unit. The fuse that powers them is a 10A fuse and is the fuse located on the right side column of fuses at the very bottom. Some of those relays next to your fuse block stay on the entire time the car is on, so that's why they're rather warm. Something I just thought of, is that sometimes when I pull my key out, it doesn't totally shut the ignition off, so the thing thinks your key is still in. So make sure your key is all the way to the off position after you've pushed that little button. If that isn't the problem, which I don't think it is, your time control system could be malfunctioning, which considering your rear defrost is coming on, is likely to be the problem. By the way pulling that fuse I mentioned will leave you with lots of other stuff not working and your car won't run with it out, so only pull it if you have to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts