·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Car: 2020 Nissan Maxima Platinum
AA version: July 8, 2021
Phone: Pixel 5

An identical post was made on the Android Auto forum site (not sure is this is a Nissan/Google issue):

Here's what happens: I plug in my phone via USB, I start navigation on Google maps, I listen to Google Podcasts. Android auto will disconnect after about 3 to 5 minutes, and I repeat this process two to three times in the next 15 minutes. Sometimes my car's display will actually reboot. However, after going through this routine, it usually keeps running from then on. But most car trips last less than 15 minutes, so it's a constant battle.

I'm not sure if this is an Android Auto issue or a Nissan issue.

Thanks for any help,

Chad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE:
This seems to help (I have a feeling it was the battery optimization changes (and possible data clearing) that helped).

----------------------------------

Hi Chad,
Thanks for contacting the Android Auto support team.
Sorry to know that Android Auto is crashing. Please try the troubleshooting steps below and let us know if the issue persists. We will be happy to help!
  1. Go through the troubleshooting guides at My Android Auto app isn't working and Can’t connect or stay connected - How to diagnose/address the issue.
  2. Try removing the connected cars from the Android Auto Settings page. If you no longer see the Android Auto icon on your phone, please check this Help Center article for more information. You can also go to the Play Store and download Android Auto for Phone Screens, which is only available on Android 10 devices.
    1. Open Android Auto app > tap the left menu and go to Settings > Connected Cars > top right three-dot menu > Forget all cars > Tap Ok.
    2. Connect to your car display and re-enable Android Auto on your car.
  3. Please make sure to disable all battery power saving mode for the Android Auto app.
    1. Phone Settings > Tap Battery > Adaptive Battery > Turn off Adaptive Battery.
    2. Phone Settings > Apps & notifications > Advanced > Special app access > Battery optimization > Tap the "Not optimized" dropdown menu > Select All Apps > Android Auto > Select Don't Optimize.
  4. Try restarting the phone device.

Thanks,
The Android Auto team

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
No. The '18 Murano was part of the R1911 Recall which reprogrammed the radios for automatic WiFi update, but if you had that done then there are no other updates. If your vehicle has Telematics and your issue is specifically with the microphone and/or voice recognition, then there's a bulletin for a TCU repro.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No. The '18 Murano was part of the R1911 Recall which reprogrammed the radios for automatic WiFi update, but if you had that done then there are no other updates. If your vehicle has Telematics and your issue is specifically with the microphone and/or voice recognition, then there's a bulletin for a TCU repro.
Our issue is with periodic disconnect of Android auto. ( Carplay is fine)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts