Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Soggy GloryHoler
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I finally started shaving the door lines. Im using short strand fiberglass mix. Its flexible, sands easily and is alot more durable than bondo. This door took me about 2.5 hours to get it done for the most part. Sorry about the big pic.

·
Juicin SE-R
172 Posts
Wow, its coming along nice. I have to ask, where did you get that fiberglass mix? I have been thinking of molding certain body lines. Also, how do you think it would hold up if I molded the Stillen B13 add on's to the original bumper? Think it will crack easier than bondo? Sorry for all the questions but you seem like you know what your doing.

·
Soggy GloryHoler
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
94sentragtr said:
Wow, its coming along nice. I have to ask, where did you get that fiberglass mix? I have been thinking of molding certain body lines. Also, how do you think it would hold up if I molded the Stillen B13 add on's to the original bumper? Think it will crack easier than bondo? Sorry for all the questions but you seem like you know what your doing.
thanks. I just got it from Napa. I wouldnt use it for that because i dont think that it would hold up to being bonded to solid metal and flexible polyurathane. I would use a urathane mix for that because is even more flexible and doesnt crack. But its 20 bucks for a small tube. You dont even have to mold the kit so I dont see the point in all that effort. The kit fits awesome and bolts on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts