Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Metal > Rap
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I no longer own a S13. It got totaled Sunday night on my way back home from a friends house. I was getting on the onramp I take to get home, I shift 4-5 when I get to the top of the offramp, and I hit this little dip where the onramp meets the highway. The next thing I know I'm spinning with the car at full countersteer spinning into a semi's trailer parked on the side of the road. Once the car stops spinning and I open my eyes, I find myself in the middle of the highway with half a car and a bloody face. I get out to see how bad the car is. I nearly broke down and cried from the little I saw.The car hit right in front of the driver wheel, every suspension piece in either bent or destroyed with the exception of my Eibach Springs. The windshield was cracked even more than before. None of the doors would shut,including the hatch. The hood looked like some weak attempt at metal art. every panel was dented or destroyed somewhere. The pedals are cocked at a 45 degree angle now, in seperate directions. I think the motor slammed inthe firewall. Me and the truck driver exchanged words untill the police showed up. They take my information and I go to the ER. I get 7 stiches by my left eye, a twisted left ankle and a prescription for Lortabs. Needless to say I'm not alright. I'll try to post pics as soon as I can borrow a digital camera.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I agree with prelude guy, unless it was insanely icy but in that case you shouldn't have been shifting that high and being careful, especially at an onramp. Good to know your ok, you got pretty lucky actually. Torque isn't a toy i guess hey......

·
Tarmac Terrorist
272 Posts
little240boy said:
I agree with prelude guy, unless it was insanely icy but in that case you shouldn't have been shifting that high and being careful, especially at an onramp. Good to know your ok, you got pretty lucky actually. Torque isn't a toy i guess hey......
I agree with the above 2 statements but a similar thing happened to my friend and his 2001 Honda Civic.
He hit a dip in the road and lost control, apparently his tire blew out according to the insurance report, but i think he was just going too fast.
Were the roads icy at the time? Also, I know it is hard to do sometime, but you gotta keep those eye's open at all times on the road, I know how you must feel about losing your car, and good luck with finding the new one.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Guys, even if he was driving wrecklessly, it's completely moronic to point that out. If he was driving wrecklessly, he learned his lesson and anything you say is just being insensitive.
I feel really bad for you, Nismo. Losing your car is like a friend dying. After having spent all that time and money and effort at building a machine, and having it all taken from you in one fell swoop, is like being shot. I feel for you.
I also wish you the best with a speedy recovery. Thank God you're okay!

·
Metal > Rap
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, Here are a few details that I should have given you. 1. I drive like a granny 90% of the time, I only push my car in wide open areas on track days. 2. It had been raining since Friday. 3. The onramp has a pretty wide turn on it so you can, on average go about 45mph. 4. I wasnt doing anythnig stupid, I was just going home from a friends funeral. So keep your smartass comments to your damn selves.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Yikes! That makes me want to cry!
Can I buy those rims from you?

·
Metal > Rap
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The S14 rims?? or the steelies?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sorry about your car man that sucks.

·
Tarmac Terrorist
272 Posts
Nismo14-180 said:
Ok, Here are a few details that I should have given you. 1. I drive like a granny 90% of the time, I only push my car in wide open areas on track days. 2. It had been raining since Friday. 3. The onramp has a pretty wide turn on it so you can, on average go about 45mph. 4. I wasnt doing anythnig stupid, I was just going home from a friends funeral. So keep your smartass comments to your damn selves.
I'm sorry if any of my comments hurt you, but I know what it is like to lose control of a car too...It sucks, I also know what it is like to lose a vehicle, and I agree with BriDrive it is like getting shot...several times.
I wish the best of luck to you, and a quick recovery. Do you plan on Buying another 240?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Youre lucky... Atleast you not sitting besides your friend in a casket. Someone was watchin over you bro. Cars are tin cans that can be replaced. You can't.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Wow...I'm really sorry to hear about that. It does really suck losing your car. I've witnessed the effects it can have on someone first hand...my brother lost his car a week after he got his license...railed a pole head on doing about 35-40 (sun was in his eyes, road he didn't know, etc.). I wish you the best of luck finding your new ride. And as for the aftermath of that wreck, you really are lucky that you walked away...just think about what coulda happened if that impact was a few feet towards the back of the car from where it was...that coulda really messed you up. And as for the previous statements from people saying you were driving like a dick, ignore them... you know what went down, they don't, if they didn't see it first hand, then they can't bust on you about any of it. Good luck w/ a fast recovery...and as someone above stated...cars are just tin cans that can be replaced...never forget that...don't get too down about it...

·
Registered
2 Posts
wow... That sucks man, I feel for you... I totalled 2 cars in less than a year... Well, now that its March, its been a year since I got my first car... Im now in my 5th car.. (only wrecked 2 though)..

Get better and go get another one...
So whats going on with your insurance?

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Nismo14-180 said:
The S14 rims?? or the steelies?
Both! I need wheels. The steelies would be fine, are you looking to get rid of them?

·
Metal > Rap
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bridrive55 said:
Both! I need wheels. The steelies would be fine, are you looking to get rid of them?
Yes, yes I am. Just gimmie a price for all 6 wheels.

·
Metal > Rap
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
thanks for the love everybody, I almost wanna cry. :loser:
Well I am probably gonna be getting either an AE86 or a FD w/ a blown engine. I have connections to get either and there gonna be around the same price. I just gotta sell the stuff off my car to get the money to get rolling again. Cuz my Nissan pickup is a gas guzzling whore, its worse than the caprice classic I had before the S13. I will get a S13 coupe before the end of the year!

Peace
< ^>Robbie<^>

BTW- DACHEAT I wasnt directing anything towards you. Just Prelude Guy.

·
Tarmac Terrorist
272 Posts
Nismo14-180 said:
thanks for the love everybody, I almost wanna cry. :loser:
Well I am probably gonna be getting either an AE86 or a FD w/ a blown engine. I have connections to get either and there gonna be around the same price. I just gotta sell the stuff off my car to get the money to get rolling again. Cuz my Nissan pickup is a gas guzzling whore, its worse than the caprice classic I had before the S13. I will get a S13 coupe before the end of the year!

Peace
< ^>Robbie<^>

BTW- DACHEAT I wasnt directing anything towards you. Just Prelude Guy.
If you buy and FD with a blown engine what are your plans for it? Another Roatary? It would be cool to implant another engine with a different brain in it, especially since Rotary's are notorious for blowing seals and Vacuums.
What Year is your Nissan Pickup?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts