Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...I live in Queens NY and the 240's from 89' and up r really getting my attention... now my poor 200sx got in anaccident..and i was in it =..( oh welli never really wanted to do anythin to it but now i seem to crave speed and power....am lookin to buy a 240sx preferably somethin from 89 to 92, my question is.... is possilbe to put an SR20DE-T into one of these cars? if so... will i have to make friends with a guy that inspects cars? wink wink...
and if so...how much $$ will i be lookin at here? includin the price of the car? I would get my lazy ass up and go to dealers or look in the newspaper, but while am here, y not :D
anyways...sorry that am a n00b hope to get reply's THANK YOU

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
There are lots of places that sell the SR20DE-T. I am not sure about New York but California has pretty strict laws and you will need to be friendly to get it to pass smog. I say you just fix up the KA24DE. Its a good engine. Look at the October issue of Import Tuner.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I had a 200sx and now a proud owner of a 1990 240sx fast back and you shouldnt have any problems with smog it u jus get a cat converter and I plan to get a ca18det and I know some a guy in Iowa that hook it up with the engines and stuff let me know if you need any advice either

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the SR will fit in the 240.......it was meant for the car.

As for the price, theres no simple cut and dry answer to that. The price of the car will vary, so will the price of the motor depending on who you go to. My advice, check the Daily News and see what they go for. Check out AutoTrader.com to see whats out there. www.srswap.com has info on the motor, so should www.ustable-hybrids.com. There are others out there, just do a search on google.com to see what you come up with.

As far as getting it to pass, you will need someone to help you out in that dept. here in NY.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
make sure the swap is in a 1991-1994 model though, the piping and wiring is difficult...but not impossible for a 1989-1990.

-Jarret

1 - 5 of 5 Posts