Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months back I saw one on eBay for the GA16. I am kicking myself for not bidding on it. I have scoured the web and cant find anything. Some one made them. It was cast and polished. Work like that would not be for a one off piece. Does anyone have information on the topic? That cheesy plastic has got to go.

Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
How important is the plastic cover inside the valve cover? I'm trying to change the valve stem seals. I would go and pick up the entire cover, but I don't have a ride.

I had to chip away the old seal, but I can't get the new seal in with that inside cover in the way. That cover absolutely has to stay, right?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well, I chipped away some of the plastic cover around the plug holes so I can get the new seals in. I doubt that it's going to work, but I'm going try anyway. I'll probably end up going to the junkyard to get another one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
well good luck with that the reason i got the metal one was because that tube seal was so tight in there when i tryed to pry it out the plastic broke so i wasnt even able to put a new one in, however where theres a will theres a way i wish you good luck

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
I am the one who was selling the polished one on ebay, if you have the tools and equipment you can do it with a b13 valve cover, or if you are still interested pm me and make an offer and I will see about getting another one made for you.

·
Registered
182 Posts
akexnads, no need. I went and picked one up from the junk yard, and we're getting rid of the car today. Turns out we're getting and SUV and the father-in-law is getting the headache.......yes!

I was always working on that freaking car. I'm keeping my Nissan though.

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
How bout you sir x loin I have one just like the one i put on ebay if you are still interested, and I can post a picture if you would like.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts