Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Smooth...
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright boys and girls, i was just thinking about this today. Which is better? the 240 or the altima? Same engine, but which had the hotter cams, better compression and more usable power band? who had the better trans? whos brakes and handling are better? just general discussion on this topic.

fire off.

·
Smooth...
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
KA24DE, that was in the altima and the 240 at the same time i believe.

before the altima came out i think they had a KA24E (until 1990)
then in 91 they came out with the KA24DE wich they put in the altimas (93-01) and the 240's (91-98)

somebody stop me if i'm wrong :D

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
the 240 was RWD and the altima was FWD. short of that, i always heard that 240 brakes were bad..altima brakes were pretty good and had better pedal response.

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
the altima would have the advantage in useable power simply because of less drive train loss.(fwd compared to rwd)

however, i think the 240 weighs less and would be more maneuverable because of that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
depends

depends on whether its kept stock or whether your talking potential.

·
Smooth...
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cHoPs said:
the 240 was RWD and the altima was FWD. short of that, i always heard that 240 brakes were bad..altima brakes were pretty good and had better pedal response.
i know, i love the factory brakes on my altima, i don't think i'd ever change them unless i got a really good deal on something else. they've seen me through a lot.

100 to 55 in less time it takes a cop to notice, people jumping in front of me, work great on the snow and ice... good times.

·
Erin Go Bragh!
168 Posts
runekincaid said:
depends on whether its kept stock or whether your talking potential.
I'd think the 240 has more potential. Too bad it's not still in production... i'd like to see what it would look like since Nissan's been redesigning all across the yard.

·
your mom goes to college
57 Posts
i've heard the altima has a better exhaust system -- the cat back system is supposed to be more efficient

the altima is more of a sleeper..people tend to underestimate the ka24de in the altima

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
You wanna see sleeper, check my beater;)

Hmmm my car looks like it has 100HP... Until my turbo screams up to 12PSI;)

·
Registered
851 Posts
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
You wanna see sleeper, check my beater;)

Hmmm my car looks like it has 100HP... Until my turbo screams up to 12PSI;)
link to said sleeper?:D

·
Registered
162 Posts
yeah the altima has really good breaks, it seems heavy though, ive never drove a 240 but id be curious to see which is faster

·
Registered
162 Posts
btw there was a 92 240sx with a catback exhaust that beat a stock 93 300zx down at the saturday night drag races near me

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
Biscuit said:
I would have to say that the 240 is faster because it looks more aerodynamic.

LOLOL, you CANT be serious..

so just because a car "looks" more aerodynamic than the next, its faster? or it should be faster? please explain!

·
M-Unit Racing
627 Posts
Well it could be a fact. Just think about it. If you got the same motor, and one car that isnt very aerodynamic and one that is very aerodynamic then I would suppose it would be faster. Does everybody remember the Charger Daytona with the cool ass nose on it and the wing that was winnin lots of races in nascar. Or at least thats what i heard hell i dunno. I was really trying to get you people fired up bout aerodynamics lol.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts